Soldano Tips and Tricks

Axe-Master
Here's a tour of the mighty Soldano models, with some tips and tricks for dialling in sweet cleans, rock and metal tones. One of the few real amps i own that i would never sell is my Hot Rod 50+ and the SLO and X88/99 models definitely do the Soldano name justice. For whatever reason only half the video uploaded first time I tried, so this is split in two parts.

Love the SLO, have used it for years in FAS gear. I had an X99, with the big purple 100 watt power amp... never should have sold those! Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.

Love the SLO, have used it for years in FAS gear. I had an X99, with the big purple 100 watt power amp... never should have sold those! Thanks for sharing your experiences with it.
That must have been so much fun to watch the preamp knobs move!

That must have been so much fun to watch the preamp knobs move!
it was pretty high tech in its day! It was really accurate, though, basically recalling location by midi giving 128 steps of resolution to each pot. Both of those pieces are pretty much collectors items in 2018... woulda, coulda, shoulda. Just a nice memory now!

Another fantastic video. I tried out the X88 amp instead of the Marshall 800 (34) and I must say i like the Soldano better. A little tighter, slightly more saturated and just seemed to be more dynamic over all. I have never had the privilege to play through any real Soldano stuff, just not available where I live. I have always wanted to try them since I first heard Warren Hayne's tone back when he started with the Allman Bros back in the early 90s. Thanks again Leon.

I would not have been able to resist the temptation to add the dimension chorus and pedal comp too the solo 100 clean tone. Sounds great

I ended up in a strange place with my SLO preset.

This is for my vintage Strat. I've never owned a real Soldano and IIRC I got these settings from a Clapton article I found online... been a long time back.

The tone stack seemed really bizarre but it works great at gig volume with my Strat.

upload_2018-7-8_12-50-41.png

Back
Top Bottom