Sold my Ultra, need help with Axe-Edit

jerotas

Experienced
Hi, I have my presets backed up with the old Axe-Edit. I was hoping that someone who still has an Ultra could load up my presets and take some screen shots for me? I just got the 2XL but I forget how I set things up on my favorite patches 4 years ago....

I can send the patches. Appreciate it greatly if anyone can do this! It doesn't seem to load on my new computer with the old Axe-Edit. I load the patch and visually nothing happens. Empty patch. I know these are valid though. Maybe it's because I never hooked up the Ultra to this computer...

-Brian

You still can load your ultra presets with an old AxeEdit installed, even without the ultra connected, then see what was in the presets.

Definitely this. ^^ I still do this today occasionally when I need to see how things were done. Because the old axe edit worked offline, you can load your saved backs just like you would have before. You can even run both at the same time to compare how things are set.

You still can load your ultra presets with an old AxeEdit installed, even without the ultra connected, then see what was in the presets.

As I said, I tried that. Nothing happens visually. But I know these presets are valid.
I'm doing "import from preset file", which is an syx file. And Axe-edit shows "disconnected" because I haven't plugged anything in via midi. Could someone please give me a simple step-by-step to loading a syx prewet?

Last edited:
AxeFX Reporter will show you every setting in a pdf format. It's on the forum somewhere. Small app. I know it works with the AXeII. Not sure about the Ultra. But it would only take a few minutes to find out.

And Axe-edit shows "disconnected" because I haven't plugged anything in via midi. Could someone please give me a simple step-by-step to loading a syx prewet?
You need the Axe connected..

You can always re-install the old v191 !!
That can be found under the "axe-fx software" in my sig.. .both Mac/win versions.

You need the Axe connected..

The Axe doesn't need to be connected.

Jerotas, which AE version did you install? Are you sure it's set to Ultra config? 1.0.318 is working here for Ultra presets, so maybe you'd want to try that.

axefx.fr

If you can post the presets/banks I'll try viewing them too.

It's set to Ultra. I have V 1 and V3. Anyway, I don't care any more lol. I got some good AxeFx2 patches going tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom