Wish Software to Strip FX from AxeFX Patches to use With FX8

DavidE

Power User
there are some fantastic AxeFX patches available that we can't use because they contain amp, cab or other blocks not in the FX8. I'd like to see an additional function in the FX Edit software that will take an AxeFX preset , strip the non transferable parts and produce an effects only preset that can be used on the FX 8.

Generating a preset could be complicated and assume too much about how the user wants to use the effects. You can use AxeEdit to save blocks but I don't think it will work for those that don't have an AxeFx which doesn't help the FX8 only crowd.

Perhaps another option would be to create an application/script that will extract all the effects out of AxeFx and FX8 presets and create blocks that can be loaded into either the FX8 or the AxeFx? Adding this capability to both editors may not be too much of a stretch (assuming they share libraries). This may also be something a third party program could do, there are some pretty capable programmers on the forum.

I am also waiting for the day when users start sharing FX8 presets.

Generating a preset could be complicated and assume too much about how the user wants to use the effects. You can use AxeEdit to save blocks but I don't think it will work for those that don't have an AxeFx which doesn't help the FX8 only crowd.

Perhaps another option would be to create an application/script that will extract all the effects out of AxeFx and FX8 presets and create blocks that can be loaded into either the FX8 or the AxeFx? Adding this capability to both editors may not be too much of a stretch (assuming they share libraries). This may also be something a third party program could do, there are some pretty capable programmers on the forum.

I am also waiting for the day when users start sharing FX8 presets.

I'm thinking about patches like the Brit Floyd patches or U2 patches for particular songs where I want all the effects as set in those presets. Then I could save individual blocks froma preset in my library.

Back
Top Bottom