So, V14...

Hope my rectifiers like red modern aren't too diff. I've got some awesome presets dialed in!! Can't wait!

If "different" means "improved" isn't it worth them being "different" even if it means reconfiguring presets? Isn't this part of the path and part of the fun?

Wow. I can't imagine what a major upgrade over FW13 sounds, or feels like.

Thank you FAS. My fractal rig is the best money I've ever spent. I'm playing more often, playing better, and I enjoy it more now. Truly appreciate the sweat you guys put into this stuff.

Improved Amp block triode model. New model more accurately replicates behavior when triode enters saturation. This results in a warmer and punchier tone with smoother distortion characteristics.
Yummm... if this does what I hope it does I just might put some tube preamps for sale. :mrgreen

Last edited:
Added Global Noisegate Offset parameter. This parameter allows offsetting the Noisegate threshold for all presets. This can be used to increase or decrease the threshold to compensate for varying interference levels. Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect. NOTE: This parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to set to the desired value. The default value is 0 dB and is set to that upon System Reset.
I can already see the endless threads about missing sustain... :p

But heh, looks like a nice update, especially for recto-lovers (not my cup of tea, but hey). Loving the looper changes!

Here I have a funny story for you. here in my country it will be new year's eve in 3 days. I remember last year we were all waiting for Firmware V.10 (which was a major upgrade) and I was so excited because I was hoping to get the Version 10 and with the persian new year's eve I would have lots of time to play with it, turned out that FW released in the early hours of the first working days after the new year's off-days :D I really hope it doesn't happen this time and I get my hands on this new V.14 before the ending of the holidays...:))

Very true, I purchased my AFX2 right when it V10 came out and it's amazing how holy shitballs has escalated into slapping my dick right out of my hand in a year.

I was really hoping for the addition of the formant pitch shifter :nightmare: but I'm not complaining 'cuz this gift horse is very appreciated! Thanks FAS.

Looking forward to this. I get so good results now, that i'm curious to see what the next level is.

I tried the Savage Ltd once and did not like it that much. Tried the Vox AC50 CP for the first time and i liked that better trough the same cabinet.
That said.. I have liked a lot of amps in the Axe that i did not like in real life. I think it's because i can change cab (IR), so i can get some thing that fits the amp to MY liking.
I hope the Carol-Ann Tucana 3 and maybe the JB100 will join us later on. But thats for the wish list topic ;)

Thanks for all the work Cliff/FAS/Beta Team.

Edit: Good point Paco!

Back
Top Bottom