So many cabs!

Eliju

Experienced
So I was gonna wait til spring but the sale was too good to pass up. Got my III yesterday and it sounds great, obviously. I can’t believe how many IRs are in this thing. I don’t even know where to begin. Is there a guide anywhere that lists some good cabs for certain amps or sounds like there was for the II, or that categorizes them?

Also, these factory presets sound phenomenal. Especially the 59 Bassman, I played that one for like an hour.

In addition to @yek ’s suggestion above, I’m also gonna give a shoutout to a great resource of his own creation: Yek’s Guide to the Amp Models (https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Yeks_Guide_to_the_Fractal_Audio_Amp_Models).

In each entry, he does briefly address the “what cab goes with this amp?” Question. Of course, these all reference the Legacy cabs, but there’s nothing wrong with those and the recommendations can easily translate to newer cabs as well.

Strange! The 59 Bassguy is one of my favorite amps. Killer grind and killer clean tones.

Having never really experimented with any of the Fender amps, @austinbuddy 's Dweezil's Bassguy preset (there are two scenes in particular--Chug and Chunk or something like that) was a revelatory experience. Now the Bassguy is one of my favorites for crunchy stuff.

Too many people think the 59 Bassguy is a throwaway. They're anxious to get on to other presets. That's one hell of an amp model.
The 65 is killer too!
It’s so good. It has so much of everything I like. It cuts. It’s gritty and there’s great note separation. Whoever dialed in that preset struck gold cause that’s gonna get some regular use from me.

Too many people think the 59 Bassguy is a throwaway. They're anxious to get on to other presets. That's one hell of an amp model.
The 65 is killer too!
Both would make my top 10 amps of all time list -- 100% agree. And a JTM45... Most Dumble Overdrive Specials are actually a hot-rodded bassmans...

So I was gonna wait til spring but the sale was too good to pass up. Got my III yesterday and it sounds great, obviously. I can’t believe how many IRs are in this thing. I don’t even know where to begin. Is there a guide anywhere that lists some good cabs for certain amps or sounds like there was for the II, or that categorizes them?

Also, these factory presets sound phenomenal. Especially the 59 Bassman, I played that one for like an hour.

You might want to take a look at AustinBuddy's naked amp pack. He painstakingly took all the amps and paired them up with appropriate IR's. It's a killer preset pack that will save you many many hours.

https://austinbuddy.com/shop/new-tonepack-for-the-axe-fx-iii/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom