So Many Amps, So Little Time

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
I'm curious to see how everyone is planning to set up their presets and how many amps they intend to use.

I've been prepping things for my AX8 on an XL+ (yes I realize the presets don't directly transfer, but I've been exporting all the blocks and screenshots of the layouts).

One thing I noticed is that every time I pick up my guitar to work on presets, I feel like playing a different amp. I've been really digging the 5F8 Tweed, the Deluxe Verb, the AC30TB, the DC-30, the Trainwrecks, and the Lonestar. I can't seem to pick one because they all sound fantastic and all have different flavors. I had originally intended to find the perfect amp model and stick with it, but now I have no idea what I'm going to do (especially without global blocks).

I think for sure that I want to stick with one or two clean amps per show, no matter what, as I'd like the overall show to have a consistent tone.

I feel like I accidentally fell down a rabbit hole.......

I have my XL+ set up with 6 presets for shows, a couple of drives, etc, which I will port over to the AX8 so that familiar ground will be there, but I also intend on dialing up some presets with an X/Y amp and scenes, which I think might add some consistency of tone there. I see value in both methods, so we'll see which emerges as things progress. Probably a bit of both. So nice to have the choice!

Back
Top Bottom