So... Just ordered a Port City 4x12 OS Wave cabinet.

Trainwreck1446

Experienced
So, I have decided to go back to using a power amp/cabinet combo over FRFR. So I began my hunt for a decent 4x12 cabinet. I needed a 4x12, because I play live a fair amount, and my band's practice space is an audio sink. We have to play fairly loud, haha. I had heard a decent amount about these cabinets, and seen some pretty good YouTube demos. I know Dustie Waring, Paul Waggoner, Tosin Abasi, etc, use these. I live to play metal, and these guys get some sick tones playing through them, so why not. I understand the cabs are built with some angled panels that project more sound outward from the front of the cab. I saw an A/B test between a Mesa 4x12 OS with V30's vs, a Port City 2x12 OS, and the 2x12 blew away the Mesa. So... yeah, seems interesting. BUT, the price was kind of an issue for me. After speaking to Daniel at Port City, he was adamant on the price listed on their site, because he did not want to undercut his own dealers. This shows character, and was a great sign off the bat. So I called around to the dealers they have listed on their site, as there were none in my area. I called around until I got to LoGo Music, in Houston, TX. I spoke to a couple nice guys, Jay and Alfredo, who were really eager to make a deal, and get me this cabinet at a great price. I spoke with Alfredo about what I needed, and he said he would contact me within the hour on a price. Not only did he contact me right away, but he quoted me a price that was by FAR the best out of all the dealers I contacted. Not only the lowest, but he got me a tolex/grill option just to sweeten the deal. They were more than willing to work with me to get a deal within reason on this cabinet, and I can't be happier. They can have the cabinet drop-shipped from Daniel at Port City as soon as the cab is constructed, so you don't need to pay for extra shipping or make a road trip.

Here is the link to the site;
Houston, TX Music Equipment Store • Musical Equipment from LoGo Audio Video Music

tl;dr: Alfredo at LoGo Music is the BEST! If you are looking for a piece of gear at a great price, call him and they will hook you up!!! Great service, and even better prices.

Thats a sweet one for sure.
Still trying to make my patches translate easy in to any system FRFR. That cab would sound and feel great. But would need to bleed off an Ir to FOH or mic it. Kudo's, I got 2 12evml to throw in one some day! Huge it would be!

Hey tw,

Was the A/B test between the PC OS 2x12 and the Mesa Recto 4x12 on YouTube? If so, I can't seem to find it. Got a link?

I chose the Green/Black Taurus tolex with the black/white Matrix grill cloth. Going to be sick! I'll post pics/vids when it arrives.

Last edited:
I have two Port City 2x12's and one 1x12. They are killer cabs!

robo, do you have the OS 2x12s? or regular sized ones?? i really want to get a new 2x12, but I'm not a fan of the OS cabs for some reason, i mean they're awesome, but didn't tickle my fancy as much as i would've liked

Got it today, here are some pics;

IMG_1473_zpsd3bf17f2.jpg

IMG_1484_zpseea7e9ae.jpg

IMG_1475_zpsa665f8cc.jpg

IMG_1487_zps1b81857e.jpg

IMG_1489_zps2061fa05.jpg

I use two Port City OS wave 2x12's. I bought them specifically so I'd be able to hear myself on tight stages. They deliver in that regard. Both are wired stereo/mono and I usually use just one. Sounds killer when I use two, but typically I keep one in the trailer and one in my studio.

I'm not really comfortable stacking them because of the depth. The 2x12 is not as deep as the 4x12. I've spoken to them about making me a deeper pair, the depth of a 4x12. They had already been toying with the idea so it's a possibility. The advantage to that is the depth would be more rack-friendly and they'd also be more easily stackable. I used to use mesa recto 2x12 cabs and that was something I liked, the depth was good for sitting a rack on them, but if I only used on cab it was too directional and I couldn't hear myself. The port on the PC's really does reflect a fair amount of sound up to you so I don't need to turn up as much to hear myself (I go into a guitar cab onstage but I also go direct and my band sounds best with the FOH doing most of the work. So I just want to hear myself).

So................?? how's it sound with the Axe? are you using cab sims on or off?
looks greats

Looks pretty sweet. I have given port city a look a few times, I'm just set on FRFR. If they ever decide to release something FRFR, I'll probably end up buying one.

Back
Top Bottom