So I was watching this interview..................

Geiri

Inspired
............and this topic came up. You and Munky trading licks like on the song blind.
So off I went to find this song blind by korn.

What the hell is going on ? Two guys barely able to string a sentence together let alone a song and them trading licks is basically trading chords.

You know, it's this kinda shit that makes me want to take up bass playing.
Sorry for the rant just had nowhere else to go.

But to be completely fair, one of my all time favorite song is one of theirs. Falling away from me.

You’re surprised that those that have what it takes to succeed in a low-bar popular medium aren’t neuroscientists, cited scholars or clinical psychologists? You are looking in the wrong places, friend.

They were on the cusp of the 7 String movement, and developed a sound, and were very successful. Still successfully selling out arenas. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

I thought it sounded pretty cool back in high school, and yes, I bought a 7 string Universe, back when they were cheap used guitars no one wanted lol

It's not that I have anything against Korn, it was this sentence that got to me "you and Munky trading licks". Anywhoo I was drunk and could barely string a coherent sentence together, let alone play the guitar :)
Apologies.

Yeah, this is probably in the wrong section of the forum.

But here, I'm gonna do you a favor. Watch this and count to 11, it will wash all the bad taste of Korn away.

Actually, all that jazz noodling gives me an even bigger bad taste. Incredibly good musicians, exceptional mastery of their instruments, but the music is self indulgence, the musical equivalent of 'pleasuring yourself'. It's the jazz equivalent of shred.

Back
Top Bottom