So I got tired of all these great sounds....

haffner1

Inspired
On a whim I decided to hook up the Jazz 120 model. I was trying to find the right speaker and I stumbled upon the video on the Roland website and I got inspired. I ended up with a preset that goes shred distortion drive > Jazz 120 > Analog Chorus > 2x12 Doubleverb. It sounds like ass, but in a very nostalgic way! I named the preset "God it sounds like High School!". I can't stop laughing :lol .

Haha awesome. My high school preset would need a model for a hot pink DOD Thrash Master into a Crate 2x12. Come on Cliff help me out man

Replace the shred with a turbo rat distortion and that that sounds pretty much like my high school setup!
-
Austin

EH PI fuzz into a Peavy Bandit. Man I hated that tone. I could never afford a marshall in my teens. My buddy was close he had a Park amp and a Distortion +.

ha ha! Boss Metal Zone into a Crate 1x12 30 watter for me! Oh God, Metal Zone. What was I thinking! My life changed when one of my brother's friends lugged over a beat up Marshall 1987x head and 4x12. First time plugging into a tube amp. Pretty sure I hit puberty that day!

ha ha! Boss Metal Zone into a Crate 1x12 30 watter for me! Oh God, Metal Zone. What was I thinking! My life changed when one of my brother's friends lugged over a beat up Marshall 1987x head and 4x12. First time plugging into a tube amp. Pretty sure I hit puberty that day!

I had a metal zone i used into a Marshall valvestate. I kept the gain cranked. Funny thing is I was playing stuff like green day and nirvana with that sound. Good times.

I had a metal zone i used into a Marshall valvestate. I kept the gain cranked. Funny thing is I was playing stuff like green day and nirvana with that sound. Good times.

+1 on that bro!! MT-2 into a VST100 and I was the king of tone (for a spotty teenager anyway). :lol

High School Setup - Marshall MG80, Chorus, crybaby, grunge distortion, tubescreamer, tuner and Whammy later?

I started with this..... And moved on to a Peavey Bandit 50.. Hehe...

Attachments

• 15_fame_9x9.jpg
    15_fame_9x9.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 6
It sounds like ass, but in a very nostalgic way! I named the preset "God it sounds like High School!".

The worst and best part is there is no way you could explain that to your wife why it's soooo funny to you as a musician.

High school rig: Ibanez SZ520 guitar > Digitech GNX3 > Ibanez Tone Blaster 100W 2X12 Combo. Sounded like 95% shizah.. What was I thinking.. Gotta start somewhere though.

Loved this post and I'm laughing with you brother! :lol

Back
Top Bottom