So I got my ultra today...

jrjones

Inspired
Still don't have the liquidfoot pro or expression pedals yet, so I ran amp sims only with my pedalboard out front. I used it at rehearsal tonight. Well, let me back up a little. I got it this afternoon and by the time I got it home and plugged up, I had an hour before time to get ready and go. I've always used an ac30 so naturally I wanted to run an ac30 sim. Had some trouble with my midi interface. Spent 40 minutes out if the hour trying different presets. In that 20 minutes I tried to use axe-edit to no avail and from the front screen I programmed the vox sound. Sounded good in my powered speaker. I get there and get plugged in and things change dramatically. Everythingsounds uber congested in the mids. I spent 10-15 minutes fiddling with controls trying to fix it and eventually decided to stay later to not waste everyone's time. I go to click a pedal off and as I near the pedal (my wah probe is next to it) it gets real bright. So I do it again. Voila! Wah was on! Kick the wah off and instant magic. Sound guy and me talk for a second, he said he had completely notched the lo-mids as much as he could to try and fix it with no luck. I told him to flat the eq and we'd go and see what it needs from there. Instant magic. Seriously. He kept the eq at noon the rest of the night and my tone was magic. I literally sounded better than I ever have with all my pedals and my old ac30 and pro sound guy eq'ing everything. I can't wait for the midi board and expression pedals to get added so I can go full-on with the axe. I was completely blown away today. I've tried PODs and the like and always been disappointed. The axe-fx is the real deal.

Cliff, hats off to you dude!

Can't wait to really dig in to this box. I realize on my way that I didn't switch the button on my interface from midi thru to USB right before I left for rehearsal so I'll get to dig into axe-edit Monday. Nice thing about being in banking, holidays! Anyway, just wanted to share.

I agree, just got mine and it's great. Had a bad check sum error when updating the firmware, but used Bomes instead of midiox and all was well

I haven't updated to V11 yet. I'm on the firmware previous to 11 still. I'm really diggin the tones already. Maybe I should update and see what happens. I'm about to really dig in.

Upgrade to v11 !!!
There's definite amp sim improvement there ..

and.. welcome aboard.. Enjoy the ride, and don't hesitate to ask questions. Lots of expertise here.

Great to hear this story!!!
I love my Ultra, its the best tone I have ever had, PERIOD!
Try your Ultra through a nice tube combo, WOW ;) trust me.
Good Wailing to you

Back
Top Bottom