So I finally was able to get Atomic CLRs from Craigslist...

Are they really more rugged? I've rarely seen a picture of a used CLR that didn't have dents and finish flaking off... That was always my concern with something that was a bit high on the cost scale.

I have given up hope on them and actually ordered a pair of the EV PXM 12MP coaxial monitors last night based on good feedback from several threads here. We'll see if they replace my Matrix GT800FX and passive Xitone wedges or not...

Anyway, glad you found some and it sounds like they are living up to the legend!
How do you like the EV speakers compared to the XiTone ?

How do you like the EV speakers compared to the XiTone ?
I've only had a couple days to play with them. I like them so far... I will need to do a bit of tweaking because I think they're probably a bit flatter than the Xitones (which are great speakers) but they are working well already.

The EVs are smaller and I prefer the angle of the speakers better for having them placed right in front of my pedalboard.

I'm still running my original CLR's from 2012 and I hope they never break down. They perform beautifully on multiple fronts. They sound amazing with the Axe Fx and I really appreciate the clean range when i play my Keyboard/synth through them. On top of that, mixing and general listening to music. I have never felt any urge to replace them with anything else.

I asked about using truck bed liner spray on my CLRs and Jay Mitchell just replied, "Don't." That was before I knew about DuraTex. I ordered a gallon for the F12-X200 cabs I'm building. I wonder what he would say about using that? I'll go ask. I'll report back if he answers.
Duratex is great, I have a gallon in my basement. I've had it for like 7 years. Finished tons of speakers with it...I'll also put it on a home grown pedal board as well.
One thing I'd watch out for (if someone was using it for a CLR) is - avoid putting it in the recessed areas, and use very minimal where the grill mounts. I'm sure that was part of why Jay said "don't". If you go to thick, the amp/handle/grill won't fit back in properly.
Other than that....I'm onboard for trying it.

Back
Top Bottom