So I converted all of my OH wav files

The _XL files are for the the new XL model... They contain a different sysex id and an extra bit used to manage location due to larger number of user slots available in that unit.

I just did a search for _XL and then deleted them all. I don't need them and I don't want to see them....especially after finishing the entire Redwirez BigBox. It was like 23,000 files that I won't use.

I just did a search for _XL and then deleted them all. I don't need them and I don't want to see them....especially after finishing the entire Redwirez BigBox. It was like 23,000 files that I won't use.

But, uhh, are the RedWirez long enough for conversion to UltraRes??? Were they redone and reposted?

Not all of them are. But I did go through a few and look and there were more that were longer than 170ms than I expected and to be honest it was just a matter of clicking a few buttons and it was done. I don't think that if they are shorter that they'll hurt when mixing in CabLab.

On a side note, use the 48kHz 24 bit files and make sure that they're all mono of the conversion will crash. Do a search for all files with the word "stereo" in the Redwirez library and rename the extensions (I used .bad). It will skip these files. There are about 10-15 of them buried in the bazillion frickin' cabs.

Would be nice to know if 1) Cab Lab ignores wav files that are too short, and 2) what the degradation would be if a too short file is converted.

Would be nice to know if 1) Cab Lab ignores wav files that are too short, and 2) what the degradation would be if a too short file is converted.
It doesn't ignore it and I went through a few last night just mucking around and didn't notice any degradation.

Back
Top Bottom