So I’ve just discovered the speaker drive parameter!

It simulates the speaker distortion you get from driving a cab really freaking hard. At low settings it can add a certain something to vintage low wattage speaker style tones. At higher settings it's a woofy, farty mess, unless you like the sound of playing through blown speakers.

It simulates the speaker distortion you get from driving a cab really freaking hard. At low settings it can add a certain something to vintage low wattage speaker style tones. At higher settings it's a woofy, farty mess, unless you like the sound of playing through blown speakers.
So theoretically this will let you get closer to a profile where you’re micing up a hard driven tube amp, cool

I just started messing with this on my FM3 last night, it does add some really nice character with lighter distortion or pushed clean sounds.

Been a Fractal user since 2018 (AX8), now FM3.
Holy crap, what a huge difference it makes..... slow to the party ....
That is all
I'm just the same. Never really been a tweaker. Just turned speaker drive to 2 on a plexi preset I just made, and what a difference! Just smooths it out nicely.

I need to put some effort in - seems these paramters actually do stuff :)

I'm just the same. Never really been a tweaker. Just turned speaker drive to 2 on a plexi preset I just made, and what a difference! Just smooths it out nicely.

I need to put some effort in - seems these paramters actually do stuff :)
Yes, is crazy how fractal make me tweak things when before owning one i was always a plexi/800 guy that turned all on 10 no matter what haha

Back
Top Bottom