So Cool...

Basicaly you declare functions with C++ class, private/public (constructor)...blabla, not with C struct.

aleclee said:
For a lot of the C++ code out there, not much. :cry A buddy of my called it C+.

V-Table.

You can implement virtual functions in C and access them by ref. Not what I was looking for. This is a functional difference in the language spec of the two storage classes.

mba said:
Basicaly you declare functions with C++ class, private/public (constructor)...blabla, not with C struct.

You got it man! Nice call. C structs are always public. This was a rarely known fact when it first became relevant. Back to guitar!

... For extra credit, to the coders out there, what's the one difference between a C struct and C++ class... No cheating now... :)
A struct contains data only (1 or more variables) and it's all public, a class has data and functions which work on/with the data. In a class data and functions can be public or private allowing the creator to define how the object is accessed and data is used.

MaxTwang said:
A struct contains data only (1 or more variables) and it's all public, a class has data and functions which work on/with the data. In a class data and functions can be public or private allowing the creator to define how the object is accessed and data is used.

You got it. Except you can still put functions in a struct. Its just the ability to set members private. Now back to guitar!

Last edited:
I need a "Cliff to English" dictionary ;)

I have found "Inside Tube Amps" by Dan Torres is a good (albeit quirky) and practical way to learn about things like grids and bias, how to read a schematic, and nuances of tube amp architecture. He doesn't assume you know a lot about electronics, although it's not always a direct step-by-step explanation of things.

FWIW 8)

I have found "Inside Tube Amps" by Dan Torres is a good (albeit quirky) and practical way to learn about things like grids and bias, how to read a schematic, and nuances of tube amp architecture. He doesn't assume you know a lot about electronics, although it's not always a direct step-by-step explanation of things.

FWIW 8)

"Inside Tube Amps" is a really good place to start - a lot of info and it's easy to understand. If you wan't more on the electronics and physics try Kevin O'Connor's "The Ultimate Tone" or "TUT" series, you'll either be fascinated & obsessed with the whole series or you're head will explode in the first 20 pages and they'll be sweeping your brains off the floor.

What I'm envisioning is the Axe as a platform for a new generation of amp builders who never touch a soldering iron. Life without wiring up the front and back panel pots, jacks and switches would be wonderful indeed!

Last edited:
This is actually an idea I'm toying with. The idea is to have a graphical interface that generates the text file. As with cabinets, there would be a number of user slots. You can create your own amp models and load them via the editor.
That's a really interesting perspective!

I hope the graphical interface is not too complicated to develop! :roll

I see this as a giant leap for men... and women... who would like to try something new. :)

It would be cool to have a fire on screen, if you mess up the "amp" and try to switch it on.. Hehe..

I see this as a giant leap for men... and women... who would like to try something new. :)

It would be cool to have a fire on screen, if you mess up the "amp" and try to switch it on.. Hehe..

Actually, I'm wondering if a big flashing "Warning: This Amp Configured To Go Beyond 11!" might be more appropriate in come cases :twisted

(Thinking of "Bassman about 2 Explode" preset)

This is actually an idea I'm toying with. The idea is to have a graphical interface that generates the text file. As with cabinets, there would be a number of user slots. You can create your own amp models and load them via the editor.
I have a slightly used kidney I would be willing to trade for this please :D
(my liver, unfortunately, is borked, else I would throw in a chunk of that as well, plus bone marrow.. blood... )

Reactions: jon
sounds real promising I think, as long as it is dumbed down for non programmers. My Boss GT-10 had a somewhat limited custom build for both preamp and drive parameters. I would love the ability to have as many preamp tubes in a amp model as I want---

I'm hoping this means we could literally build and mod amps on a component level basis?
I'd love to be able to swap coupling caps and change the cathode biasing at will.

sounds real promising I think, as long as it is dumbed down for non programmers. My Boss GT-10 had a somewhat limited custom build for both preamp and drive parameters. I would love the ability to have as many preamp tubes in a amp model as I want---

Sounds to me like the GUI would generate the script behind the scenes as you are working in the editor. Like working in AxeEdit now but with ability to build the entire amp as opposed to just tweaking it. Definitely a cool idea. Doesn't get better than this in terms of product enhancement.

I think,hope,it would enable us to recreate all that modded version of amps too.If so wonderful but the "Boutique makers may sue Cliff then for stealing the business.

Roland

Not that there are not allready myrads of possibilities in todays Axe II

Back
Top Bottom