So all those Redwirez cabs I bought a few years ago just became more relevant?

biggness

Power User
If I remember correctly, when I bought all the Redwirez, they had folders full of wav's. Does anyone know the length of these? I haven't messed with them in some time and don't remember much about them. I am away from my computer and on my phone at the moment. I tried looking on their site to see, but didn't see any thing. I will say though, their ReallyBigBox bundle is a steal if all they can all be converted to optimal UltraRes files.

I thought I read that the older irs were too short to convert and ownhammer will be updating the irs, but they will be in wav format. we will hafta use cablab to convert them or buy them from fractal already in sysex format.

the Redwirez IRs may be too short to take full advantage of UltraRes. still, the wavs can be converted and even with being a bit too short for optimum, they still may benefit.

Ive checked the 48khz-24bit and quite a few of these are long enough. Most in the truncated folder are too short.

Great - thanks for checking this out. By the way how do you know if a Redwirez cab ir is long enough for ultraRes, is there an application that is needed to load them up to check? I will be uploading Cablab whenever the new version comes out (next week is what I heard) to convert them.

Ive checked the 48khz-24bit and quite a few of these are long enough. Most in the truncated folder are too short.

Great - thanks for checking this out. By the way how do you know if a Redwirez cab ir is long enough for ultraRes, is there an application that is needed to load them up to check? I will be uploading Cablab whenever the new version comes out (next week is what I heard) to convert them.

Someone else told me about SIR2. Load the IR , and it shows you how long they are.
SIR Audio Tools / News

I just did some checking on the length of the IR`s in the BIGbox collection using WavePad: Audio Editing Software. Sound, Music, Voice & Mp3 Editor

I would definitely like to know if these can be converted as I purchased about 1/2 of theirs and is what I mostly use.

obsolete150-2.jpeg

What would conversion do if not originally recorded in high res?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe 170 ms is the correct value for Ultra Res IR length. Almost none of the BigBox IRs are this long. Their (original) Axe-FX truncated wave files are 21 ms. All of their IRs are longer than this. I don't know how long the Axe-FX II FW 13 Hi-Res IRs are (does anyone?). It seems some value can be gained by converting BigBox to Ultra Res but I don't know for sure. You need the new version (currently unreleased) of Cab-Lab to do the conversion. I don't know what formats Cab-Lab can handle.

This is a critically important question. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

It has been foretold that cablab will handle .wav files and be able to convert them to ultrares

Hi guys,

Been a long time. I've started the process of crafting longer IRs. We do have the data, but technical aspects of UltraRes format require us to edit and process from scratch, so it'll be a while.

I'm going to start with the Marshall 1960 Greenback cab and see if folks can hear a difference. Then we'll go from there. I'm not sure yet how we'll end up releasing the longer IRs. It all seems a bit nebulous right now. I'm still going through the gazillion page threads around this topic, trying to get the lay of the land. I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for your support.

--mike

P.S. I posted this on another thread, too.

Hi guys,

Been a long time. I've started the process of crafting longer IRs. We do have the data, but technical aspects of UltraRes format require us to edit and process from scratch, so it'll be a while.

I'm going to start with the Marshall 1960 Greenback cab and see if folks can hear a difference. Then we'll go from there. I'm not sure yet how we'll end up releasing the longer IRs. It all seems a bit nebulous right now. I'm still going through the gazillion page threads around this topic, trying to get the lay of the land. I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for your support.

--mike

P.S. I posted this on another thread, too.

Hi Mike,

Great to see your post. Having tried a few UltraRes IR's, the my favourite is your VoxBlues with the Lawson 47 mike for the Shadows Presets. Not sure if it's the same as the Celestion Blue (vintage 1960-1964) but the U47 or Lawson 47 really creates that tone as recorded by the Shadows.
Happy to buy longer IR's when you have produced them. Happy to test if required.

Back
Top Bottom