SMH. Sirius XM.

Bluetooth from phone to radio is your friend. I have not listened to regular or satellite in years
I actually really enjoy the radio. I like live radio and often listen to talk shows.

The Sirius/XM radio in my new car is amazing. It records in the background all the stations on your favorites list up to five minutes back. When you select a favorite station it then plays starting from the beginning of the song. Not sure how it figures out where the beginning is. Probably encoded in the data stream.

It also has an SD card slot and I have my entire CD library ripped onto a single SD card. And the voice recognition works amazing well. It cataloged all the song names (unbeknownst to me) and I found out you can play a song just by saying its name. I was just fooling around one day with my son and said "Play Larry Carlton Last Night". Sexy voice: "Playing Larry Carlton ... Last Night". I almost fell out of my seat in astonishment.

I actually really enjoy the radio. I like live radio and often listen to talk shows.

The Sirius/XM radio in my new car is amazing. It records in the background all the stations on your favorites list up to five minutes back. When you select a favorite station it then plays starting from the beginning of the song. Not sure how it figures out where the beginning is. Probably encoded in the data stream.

It also has an SD card slot and I have my entire CD library ripped onto a single SD card. And the voice recognition works amazing well. It cataloged all the song names (unbeknownst to me) and I found out you can play a song just by saying its name. I was just fooling around one day with my son and said "Play Larry Carlton Last Night". Sexy voice: "Playing Larry Carlton ... Last Night". I almost fell out of my seat in astonishment.
Wow now that is really cool I’ll have to check my new truck heck these new vehicles do so much anymore they are definitely smarter than me.
Usually when we’re traveling with our fifth wheel I get the wife to read in the manual to figure things out.

There are all sorts of cool features rolling out in cars. When I got my Mini and found out there were subs under the seats I thought that was a great use of otherwise wasted space.

And I agree on just enjoying radio. I ran a college radio station in college and it was fun to hop on the air and talk. There’s something about the format with DJ’s and talk shows that makes it feel more curated.

No, she's real. Just ESL. Judging by the sentence structures I think she's Indian.

Ex. "I send to you for the second vehicle".
I work for a national phone/internet company. The one with the green and white logo. We unfortunately outsource. They're Indonesian. We occasionally have to call them to have them make changes or update facility information. Outside of having an insanely hard time understanding them, the all sound EXACTLY the same. As in, same pitch, cadence, etc. Every time I speak to one of them, I'm more certain it's the same girl I spoke to the call prior and she just has a list of English sounding names and uses a different one each time I call in. Either that, or I'm convinced they just cloned one gal and just stuck all the clones in a call center.

I like Sirius XM, except the renewal game. If they’d just renew at what I paid in the current year, they’d never have to deal with me. But year after year after year I have to call to keep my “automatic” subscription price from going up 250%. It’s so much a pain that I finally took it off my truck and just leave it on the wife’s car so I only have to call once a year. We normally drive it on trips, so it’s better there.

I know they are likely killing it on people paying the exorbitant annual fee because they just don’t bother to call, but damn... after a few years, can’t you get the “renewed at a discount 5 straight years” price, and save the call?

And Cliff is right... it’s the script or nothing.

I hate the renewal game as well, however, this past December I was able to do it over chat vs the phone. Much easier. I just said I wanted to renew my membership for the same price as last time, $60/year. If they can't do that, then please cancel the service.

Last edited:
I also recently used the chat box on the Sirius XM site and got my monthly price dropped from $22/month to $6/month. It was pretty straightforward. I just told the chat-bot I wanted to cancel, and was forwarded to a customer rep (after about a 30 minute wait). The rep asked why I wanted to cancel, and I said it was too expensive. She asked if I liked the service and I said yes, it's just too expensive. She answered that since I had said i liked the service, she could offer me a one-year reduction in price (as expected). This was the first time I'd played that game, but I'll be ready for it next year about this time.

Now I just need to do the same thing with Xfinity for my cable/Internet/home alarm service. Not looking forward to their special brand of hell.

Back
Top Bottom