Smallest Rack Case?

stringrazor

Inspired
Have a fly gig coming up and want to carry the Fx II onto the plane. What's the smallest, lightest case I can get for it?

I have my FX II in the 4U version of the Gator rack bag. Apparently I can't post links, too much of a lurker, but if you search Amazon for Gator GRB-2U it should come up. I've been quite happy with it. I haven't flown with it, however. It would be just fine as a carry-on, but I'd be concerned if they ended up making me check it.

Last edited:
mesaman, with that Gator bag, the specs say the interior length is 12.5". Does the entire Axe fit inside the rack or does the back extend out a little? Thanks.

I have a 3u gator rack bag I used to use before I collected more rack gear, it’s about 13.5” to 14” deep (interior depth from the rack rails to the back). Fits the axe FX perfectly. I think they had a 2u version also.

Total length measured from the outside is like 16”.

There is also a shallower version if I recall correctly, maybe that’s the one you’re looking at.

Edit- the GRB-3U is what I have, the GRB-2U should be what you’re looking for. The ones marked “lightweight” are shallower.

Last edited:
I have the 4U version of the Gator bag and it's pretty much perfect. It's not quite deep enough to leave cords plugged into the back - which is perfect since I want the rack case to be as small as possible.

Back
Top Bottom