• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Small FRFR monitor

MKeditor

Experienced
I've been using a pair of FBT 12ma monitors for years. They sound amazing. They're no longer popular here but I've never found the need to change unless there's something a lot cheaper or significantly lighter.

For the past several years all my gigs use IEMs. I still bring my monitors so that notes sustain and for feedback. I've been considering getting a small monitor to accomplish this and leave the FBTs for home or if I have a gig without IEMs. For this role I'm picturing either a mic stand monitor or a very small wedge. The QSC K8 is nice but pretty expensive. I'd like something smaller. I don't need 2000 watts.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
I’d save the weight and costs and just get. freqout pedal. Nice feedback effect at the press of a button, without needing volume, getting close to the speaker etc

It’s not perfect but works equally well on loke 95% of cases and is just so easy to use

MKeditor

Experienced
I'm actually very interested in trying the Freqout. I've seen videos of Ford Thurston demoing it that has me intrigued. I wish there was an easy way to achieve this with the Axe-fx.

Top Bottom