Sluggish tuner..?

I have to say that I'm quite surprised that I'm the only one seeing this issue (with the half exception of clarky) :?

I'd also be interested to hear if the teccy guys feel there's a strong relationship to the problem and this bit:

Given that it occurs without fail each time the whole MIDI rig - including sequencer - is running, I wonder if it has something to do with the CC commands sent from the sequencer for Pan position, or even the MIDI Clock which syncs up delays etc..? :?

The only 'fix' is a power down and back up.

As said, the Ultra suffers no such issues, just the AxeFX II
shrug.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMcT0m1tTkk ?

No one wants to play a guitar that's not in tune.

Anyway, is FractalAudio around?

Agreed. The tuner is extremely important, more so then other things in the firmware. I can play a gig with the reverb not working correctly, but being in tune is the foundation of everything. And yes you can tune by ear but that is amateur sounding at a gig, and irritating for everyone to listen to. I'm sure this will be solved at some point. I haven't had the issue so I cant complain, but good luck.

Just a quick update to this issue...

I don't know whether FW14.02 or any MIDI tweaks intended for the XL have made a difference, but I noticed at the last gig that all seems well with the Axe II Tuner again. No stuttering at all and it works as it should. Nothing else in the rig in terms of hardware, cabling or config has changed at all, so maybe FAS did do something in the background - even if inadvertently..?

thumbsup.gif

I also at my last gig had problems with my tuner. Checked everything over cat 5 etcetera and still sluggish for me I had to use my band mates clip on tuner. Very sad when a 9$ clip on tuner works but my 3,000$ rig won't. If there are any fixes let me know ya a.

I had a similar issue with a sluggish tuner a while back... and even though the preset itself was not causing a high cpu load, I had a wacky midi loop (caused by my controller's wiring, not the Axe) that used up all resources. I haven't seen the sluggish tuner since fixing that loop.

Agreed, the MFC101 readout for tuner is useless. I always look back at axe Fx unit. Wish I didn't have to do that.

I have always tuned with the MFC since the ultra. Yes the front panel is better but I have never had the mfc be unusable.

I have always tuned with the MFC since the ultra. Yes the front panel is better but I have never had the mfc be unusable.

Ballpark yes. Accurate....no. I don't need down to nth degree. But the rack is so much smoother and pin points things.

Ballpark yes. Accurate....no. I don't need down to nth degree. But the rack is so much smoother and pin points things.
Front panel is smoother yes but I have 0 accuracy issue with MFC. I actually don't recall any one ever saying it was not accurate. Their comments have historically been that it is sluggish or not smooth

Back
Top Bottom