Slow Throbbing Vibrato?

hp/mp

Inspired
Only thing I found on a vibrato was this thread, explaining how the Axe-FX's vibrato can be accessed through the Phase block. I tried this and am currently tweaking...
I'm lookin for a nice My Bloody Valentine/shoegaze kind of vibe ;)

Also the pitch vibrato wiki entry simply describes that you can create a pitch vibe effect using the chorus (and delay) patches, however it doesn't go into any detail with the chorus, and when I tried what was described it didn't really sound like a vibrato :?. Of course I tweaked everything with the chorus and still couldn't get a good vibe.

Anyone get a good slow vibe throb with the Axe and care to share the wealth =)

I might have to combine this with the rotary (and a little flange, verb, delay..) for the desired effect.. Tips?

I love that slow drunk throb vibe sound and am trying to emulate it ;). Is it a pitch vibrato or "regular" vibrato? ...I'm not sure what the difference is...

hp/mp said:
I love that slow drunk throb vibe sound and am trying to emulate it ;). Is it a pitch vibrato or "regular" vibrato? ...I'm not sure what the difference is...

Slow drunk sound would probably be pitch vibrato.

I have only had my Ultra for 2 weeks. I am surprised anyone someone else who owns this is trying to emulate My Bloody Valentine. Most of the people on this board seem to be into mullet hair metal tone!

madcap8465 said:
I have only had my Ultra for 2 weeks. I am surprised anyone someone else who owns this is trying to emulate My Bloody Valentine. Most of the people on this board seem to be into mullet hair metal tone!

There is a wider range of tastes here than you'd imagine. Even guys with Rob Halford as their avatar are enormous fans of MBV (well, Loveless, anyway). ;)

I'd love to hear any presets people playing ambient music are using, i just got into Hammock and will be looking to create some stuff like them.

PosterBoy said:
I'd love to hear any presets people playing ambient music are using, i just got into Hammock and will be looking to create some stuff like them.
+1 about ambient presets, but a new thread would have to be dedicated to it. Ambient, experimental, that sort of stuff :)

Back on topic, I havent experimented with vibrato after this thread, but that doesn't mean I don't love a great vibrato! I'll try to get some good ones from the Axe in the future and welcome any patches displaying them... ;)

Back
Top Bottom