Slightly in shock - in a good way

Almost can't believe it. I've been literally dreaming about these since I heard about them well over a year ago and, after much saving up, I've finally put an order in for one.

My Axe-Fx II arrives on Friday.

Very excited.

You will find the tone that is "in your head."

I guarantee it. Have fun!

Friendly advice.

If you're playing through an amp/cab setup, don't expect your pants to be blown off with the first chord you play after powering the thing on. It doesn't take a ton of tweaking for the Axe to sit well with the rest of your setup, but in my experience it does take just a little bit. You'll probably never even have to leave the main amp tweaking menu screen though, so don't stress.

Also, if you're playing through an amp/cab, don't forget to turn off the cabinet emulation in the global menu.

Once you start tweaking, you should have a tone that will drop your jaw in no time.

Start reading the manual before it gets there. It is time very well spent. Have fun!

I think that is some of the best advise ever posted. I did read the manual before I received mine too. Keep in mind there is a bit of a learning curve especially if you are used to tweaking standard guitar amps.

Thanks for the good wishes guys.

fox5150, javajunkie & pezguy - Yep, been watching those vids and reading the manual already, trying to get myself ready for the oncoming storm!

GreatGreen, I'm going to be FRFR right from the start, as I'm already going direct to desk using a Boss GT-Pro. Do you think I'll notice an improvement? ;)

Welcome to the family. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Bookmark the Wiki if you haven't already. Tons of useful information at your finger tips.

Back
Top Bottom