Sitar Tone Nailed!!

post and bail???

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

We are your peers. It would be very kind of you to share either the preset or, the structural logic to help others as many have been seeking your find along with you. Kudos on your achievement.

Last edited:
Ya it may be an axe-fx, but the instrument going through it sounds very suspiciously like an electric sitar, Jerry Jones or a variation thereof as he hits those 11 drone strings every so often. so yes on axe-fx but no on it being produced by your every day electric guitar. no preset or it's an early April fool's.

He even has Jerry Jones in his soundcloud tags, mystery solved. I have a Jerry Jones sitar too and it sounds just like that.
This I believe. The title of this thread is misleading, as evidenced by most of the replies. Sounds good though. My VG-99 "sitar" doesn't sound as good as the Jerry Jones, that's for sure. Nothing really compares to a real sitar though.

Yes. In a user's profile "About Me" tab, there is a data point of "Last Activity" ... e.g., your profile showed this as I was typing this

Last Activity Today 07:59 AM

Last edited:
As far as I can remember, he shared great stuff previously, so why wouldn't he now?
Probably wouldn't post otherwise.
Besides, it's a weekend. Maybe the guy has a life...? ;)

As far as I can remember, he shared great stuff previously, so why wouldn't he now?
Probably wouldn't post otherwise.
Besides, it's a weekend. Maybe the guy has a life...? ;)
Yes, except that he's been on the forum and said nothing. And if he's been here he's definitely checked out hat peeps are saying about his sitar thread. I hope he's on the up and up, but it smells a little fishy.

Still..., if I invented "the bomb" preset, I could imagine wanting to sit it out for a while :D
Observing the reactions a bit, if the vibe was good to share or if there was too much entitlement going on.
If you've spent a lot of effort, you deserve some joy for it, and everyone's idea can be different on that... :mrgreen
If it's genuine (I have my doubts as well), I still think he will share it in the end (although the kind of reactions wouldn't encourage me personally...)
We'll know soon enough, I guess...

Back
Top Bottom