1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Single pedal switch for Axe III

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by wolfdogg, Sep 19, 2018.

1. wolfdogg

wolfdogg
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi all. I just ordered my Axe 3 today. It's my first Fractal Audio device so a bit new to all of this. While waiting on the new foot controllers, I was hoping to just plug in a single pedal switch (not MIDI) and use it to change between scenes. I got this idea from an old thread I found but it wasn't stated how to do this.

I want to use the Axe 3 for gigging while waiting and I think that changing between a couple scenes on one rig will work just fine for me. Could someone tell me where I would plug that in (assuming this still works) and what settings I would change?

Thanks much!

2. Tahoebrian5

Tahoebrian5
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I don’t believe you can change scenes unless you have a midi controller. What I’m doing temporarily is run two completely different amp/cab/fx lines on the grid, then I use an exp pedal to morph between them. You could do the same with a control switch and the mux block

wolfdogg likes this.
  3. wolfdogg

wolfdogg
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi Brian,
    Appreciate the reply. I wonder if that's changed from the Axe 2. This it the thread I was referring to where others were changing scenes with it. If you have an Axe 3, you might check it out. I don't have any Axe just yet as I'm waiting on shipping.

If indeed, it doesn't work, I'll look into your suggestion.

(I have to put the link here since I don't have 10 posts yet, so I can't insert it):
    forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/small-cheap-midi-pedal-for-axe-fx-ii.111324/

4. Manny Kuhn

Manny Kuhn
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

You can assign a non-MIDI switch to scroll through scenes using either Scene Increment or Scene Decrement. Go to Setup -> MIDI/Remote -> Other and change Scene Increment or Decrement to Pedal 1 or 2 - whichever Expression port you have it plugged into.

wolfdogg likes this.
  5. wolfdogg

wolfdogg
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Thanks, Manny.

Just so I can be ready when my Axe arrives.... this switch doesn't have to be an expression pedal using TRS? Can I just use a standard switch with a TS cable?

6. Manny Kuhn

Manny Kuhn
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Yep.

wolfdogg likes this.
  7. wolfdogg

wolfdogg
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Thanks all! Much appreciated!

Manny Kuhn likes this.
  8. Tahoebrian5

Tahoebrian5
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Thanks, I was not aware this was possible. I may be rethinking my temporary setup

wolfdogg likes this.