Single pedal switch for Axe III

wolfdogg

Hi all. I just ordered my Axe 3 today. It's my first Fractal Audio device so a bit new to all of this. While waiting on the new foot controllers, I was hoping to just plug in a single pedal switch (not MIDI) and use it to change between scenes. I got this idea from an old thread I found but it wasn't stated how to do this.

I want to use the Axe 3 for gigging while waiting and I think that changing between a couple scenes on one rig will work just fine for me. Could someone tell me where I would plug that in (assuming this still works) and what settings I would change?

Thanks much!

I don’t believe you can change scenes unless you have a midi controller. What I’m doing temporarily is run two completely different amp/cab/fx lines on the grid, then I use an exp pedal to morph between them. You could do the same with a control switch and the mux block

Hi Brian,
Appreciate the reply. I wonder if that's changed from the Axe 2. This it the thread I was referring to where others were changing scenes with it. If you have an Axe 3, you might check it out. I don't have any Axe just yet as I'm waiting on shipping.

If indeed, it doesn't work, I'll look into your suggestion.

(I have to put the link here since I don't have 10 posts yet, so I can't insert it):
forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/small-cheap-midi-pedal-for-axe-fx-ii.111324/

You can assign a non-MIDI switch to scroll through scenes using either Scene Increment or Scene Decrement. Go to Setup -> MIDI/Remote -> Other and change Scene Increment or Decrement to Pedal 1 or 2 - whichever Expression port you have it plugged into.

Thanks, Manny.

Just so I can be ready when my Axe arrives.... this switch doesn't have to be an expression pedal using TRS? Can I just use a standard switch with a TS cable?

Back
Top Bottom