Since it's looking like we won't be able to use the MFC-101...

...with the Axe3 in the way we use it with the 2, can we please get more info on the new footswitches? Maybe some more info on how we might be able to do what we do now with the MFC-101 with fewer stomp switches? Thank you. :)

What makes you say it won't work with the 3?

I didn't say that. :)

I said we won't be able to use it in the same way that we do with the Axe2. It can be used as a MIDI controller but we won't be able to use Faslink and it won't send title info and stuff like that. That's critical for me. Plus I like being able to use any readily available XLR cable in a pinch should I experience a cable failure.

So...basically for my setup I like to be able to have access to 10 on/off effects switches, 5 scene switches, a bank up, a bank down and a tap tempo...if the new tuner is capable of polyphonic tuning I'm going to want to have a tuner switch programmed on one of the switches too (otherwise I'll just keep my Polytune Mini on my board). That's 19 switches. That's more switches than the big one and the little one linked together (hopefully these will be cheaper than the MFC-101)...so then I'd have to buy two big switches and end up with way more switches than I need and way more room on the floor than I'm currently taking up...unless I can, say, program per preset program it to have different on/off effects instead of the same ones for every preset...

For example say I end up dedicating 5 switches for Pre Boost, Drive 1, Drive 2, Post Boost, Delay on the new footswitch...with my MFC-101 those are going to be the same for every preset and if I want to turn my chorus off or on I have to figure out another solution like changing scenes or assigning it to an external controller...but if this new controller will allow me to change up which effects get turned on and off per preset I can have the 5 switches I have allocated for on/off pedal functions on Preset 1 be Pre Boost, Drive 1, Drive 2, Post Boost, Delay and then Preset 2 could be, for example, Pre Boost, Chorus, Drive 2, Delay, Reverb. If the new controllers can do that they will work for me.

Anyone at Fractal know if this is how the new switches can be set up to work?

RJM makes a $400 midi controller that can sync titles and effect states on the Axe FX II. My 8 year old Liquid Foot Jr can as well. Neither of these have Faslink.

I didn't say that. :)

I said we won't be able to use it in the same way that we do with the Axe2. It can be used as a MIDI controller but we won't be able to use Faslink and it won't send title info and stuff like that. That's critical for me. Plus I like being able to use any readily available XLR cable in a pinch should I experience a cable failure.

Also, dimensions...It would be supremely helpful to get dimensions for the FC-12 and FC-6 so I can see if I need a different board and how big they will be side by side with my expression pedals and external switches. I'm fully onboard for the Axe3 and I just want to be as ready to hit the ground running with it as possible.

Disappointed in the FC foot controler. I like to have as many foot switches as possible for direct as opposed to going through more pages or layers. That means more steps to get to the same place.

I suspect the FC will work just like the AX8's dynamic footswitches per preset model. This is way better than the MFC, IMO. A much better use of space and you'll have dynamic scribble strips. If you really want more buttons, well... you can have 48.

Disappointed in the FC foot controler. I like to have as many foot switches as possible for direct as opposed to going through more pages or layers. That means more steps to get to the same place.

Yeah, I like to have as many of my goodies at my feet for improvisational moments and songwriting...but it sounds like there are some workarounds that they have given some thought to from another thread I found but there are still a few unanswered questions I'm waiting on to confirm that.

Crap. I went from being excited about the III but now that the MFC won't work the same It's giving me pause. I don't like the layout of the new controllers. Less buttons is not what I want.

Even as a midi-sender without any two way communication the MFC-101 would still do a good job.
Preset names on a midi FC's display are nice, but to be honest, it's not something you really need for your show. I never look at that display while playing, do you?
I know which knob starts which sound before I step on it...otherwise the shows would have some surprising moments.

I hope that all important functions of the III can get covered by midi-CCs, otherwise you'd at least need that small FC6 to cover some basic IA functions...I'd still keep the MFC101 for preset switching than. It has 17 knobs for that.

Even as a midi-sender without any two way communication the MFC-101 would still do a good job.
Preset names on a midi FC's display are nice, but to be honest, it's not something you really need for your show. I never look at that display while playing, do you?
I know which knob starts which sound before I step on it...otherwise the shows would have some surprising moments.

I hope that all important functions of the III can get covered by midi-CCs, otherwise you'd at least need that small FC6 to cover some basic IA functions...I'd still keep the MFC101 for preset switching than. It has 17 knobs for that.

Well, it's nice to know for sure which preset is selected currently and which effects are on and off. And which scene is selected. You won't get that in generic MIDI mode.

Wouldn't it be mostly a software issue to make the MFC-101 compatible with the Axe-Fx 3? Then all you need is an adapter for the FASLink 2 port, right?

Back
Top Bottom