Since it's looking like we won't be able to use the MFC-101...

Question for anyone who is using the MFC-101 with the Axe-FX III. I have mine set for 5 scenes on the first row, with linked I/As so that the lights sync up for that row. I also programmed it so that the first 3 buttons on row 2 will do scenes 6-8 and the I/As are linked there as well. I don't often go beyond 5 scenes, but thought what they heck, still have a lot of single function I/As left anyway.

I have figured out how to get the rest of the switches assigned to various effects blocks, phaser, distortion, chorus, basically my most commonly used blocks. I know I can set it up so that the lights are in sync with the default scene within the preset by setting which switches are turned on when I first go to that preset, but is there anyway to program the state on the MFC when I toggle over to another scene? Not a huge issue, but if I land on scene 1 when going to a new preset, I can have the lights turn on as needed, but then when you switch to scene 2 the lights stay as they were, which is what I would expect in a one-way link. The scene will call up the effects properly when I load the new scene, but if I load the scene with the delay on, but the light and CC for it is off, I have to hit the button twice in order to turn it off, for example. Not sure I'm describing it right, and I only spent a little time with it yesterday, but it seems like I had things working more or less, just sometimes I would have to trigger the CC to send a 127 before I shut it off again, or vice versa if something defaults to showing on at the MFC, but the scene actually has it saved in the off state on the Axe-FX III.

Maybe I was overlooking some setting or maybe it is not possible with the unit currently. Not a big issue of course, as I think when I do get into rehearsals again I'll be fine with just 3 or 4 similar presets and the right arrangement of scenes. I have just gotten a bit used to being able to hit a flanger or phaser if I feel compelled to for a few measures, vs having it tied to the scene completely.

Yes if you configure MFC presets (not IAs) to select scenes 2 and beyond with no PC sent. Make the first preset switch in a bank send the actual PC (loading scene 1). You'll need to use separate internal CCs or a custom message for the scene-select presets.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...01-with-the-fx-iii.136524/page-2#post-1618524
But is that going to track IA states across scene changes? I would expect that to reset LEDs to initial IA states on every scene change... I guess if you have Scene Revert set to "On" that would work. I don't have it on... :(

At least this confirms that it's not just me. I think the way I have things set up now will work fine until the FC12 is available. Mostly a scene user, and the buttons for IA are working more or less as expected. Just have to remember that if I use the IAs to modify what's on in a scene it may take two button presses for the result I want.

But is that going to track IA states across scene changes? I would expect that to reset LEDs to initial IA states on every scene change... I guess if you have Scene Revert set to "On" that would work. I don't have it on... :(

It would load the state saved on the MFC for each scene. True, this wouldn't reflect any changes made if returning to a scene with scene revert disabled.

Back
Top Bottom