"Since I got my Axe-Fx II..."

Since I got the axe fx II I have a surplus of gig money. There is literally nothing else I need. My guitar acquisition was in hyper drive for awhile, but I have since determined that was some type of extended panic attack stemming from GAS dying permanently. A lot like that feeling of your inner bachelor dying when you get married.

Since I bought my Axe Fx 2 I barely used any of my 8 different amps that I own. I have no plans on selling them because they look cool in my studio!
If ever sell one on them, I'll just buy another Axe Fx 2 for a back up.

"Since I got my Axe-Fx II..."I have become an envy of the school yard with my new, cool bicycle... so to speak. Seriously though... no more GAS!... and am I (and my wife) ever glad. :D

Since I got my Axe-Fx II ...
I amassed a small stash of various DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan-pickups, just to see/hear how they perform, sound and feel on my guitars and the numerous amplifiers ... I mean, modeled amplifiers. ;)

Since I got my Axe-FX II my social life has taken a nose dive along with my alcohol tolerance. Weekend nights are now dedicated to guitar not the bar.

... I learned more about amps and effects, I play more and subsequently better, and have in turn made some really cool new friends.

... and I got to meet Dweezil. :pride:

This was epic:

" Kent-Arne Jørgensen
I no longer have GAS for new amps and effects. Now, all I suffer from is FAS (Firmware Acquisition Syndrome)"

I'd like to think I've blossomed as a musician. Because I can, I now do.
I've covered more styles of music in the past year then I did in my entire
musical life (23 years). Learned new styles from tone chasing for fun/entertainment.
Joined projects that I never would have considered because of lack of (style specific) gear.
There is something about having my Metal rig, Blues rig, Jazz rig, Neo Soul rig, ect ect,
at my fingers/toes that I don't think I will ever want to downgrade from.
Easily the most return from an investment since I decided I was going to be a guitarist as a boy.
Thank you more than I can express.

I made a tube snob into a convert. He hasn't purchased one (yet) but said he never realized modeling could sound so great.

... I do not care anymore about "making music". I just play for the enjoyment of listening to the tone of my guitar.

... I walked closer and closer to the edge of abandoning all my other studio and gigging gear. Then firmware 10.x kicked me off the cliff.

Since I got my Axe Fx II...

I am often amazed at the sound roaring from a small rack and a speaker that would both fit on the front seat of my wife's car. Not "sounds kinda like" tone, but real, "if you didn't look you'd think it was" tone.

Haven't looked at another amp since the Ultra, and the II only made it more so.

Since I got my Axe-Fx II

I sold my bass rig (Markbass+Ashdown Cab)
And now i use the same rig on guitar and bass :)

Since I got my Axe-Fx II... a few things have happened:

1. I no longer spend hours perusing For Sale ads for used gear. My desire to acquire untold amounts of equipment has subsided. Now I just need to learn to let some of it go. ;)
2. The magic is gone. What do I mean by that??... You know those elusive recorded tones- ones that make you wonder how they get that sound? Since getting the Axe II I can now get very close to those tones I've been after. It's kind of like you discover the secret to a magic trick. Part of the allure is in wondering how it's done. Once you know, then the mystery is no more... the magic is gone.

Well, since I got my Axe 2
I found a new place to dwell
Its down at the end of funky street
At FAS Forum web hotel

You make me so happy baby
I get so happy
I get so happy I could cry

And although it's always crowded
You still can find some room
Where broken chord lovers
Do cry away their gloom

You make me so happy baby