Simple foot switch?

GJ_86

Hey everyone I just purchased a used Axe FX II MKII, and it's being shipped this week. Anyway what I would like purchase next is to a simple foot switch. Our band writes "grunge" alternative music and I would like to change back and forth between clean and crunch with one button for those gigs. Some of the music requires a lot of switching, so the easier it is for me to not go to the wrong channel the better. The best situation currently is using a boss DS-1 type pedal however I hate the tone so I use a 4 button Marshall foot switch on my amp. Is this possible? I also sing so I'm trying to make the switching as easy as i can.

If you just have two tones you need to switch between and nothing else at all (ie no extra boost, reverb, delay, chorus, anything at all...) Then you can just get a one button switch and set it up to do scene 1/2. This would be extremely limiting, but the absolute simplest thing you could do.

For more control you could just go with a two button switch (one button to hit between two presets, the other would be scene1/2 again... So you could have clean/crunch and then heavy/lead or clean/heavy and then the other button turns on/off some effects etc)

Or you start looking for an appropriate midi switch with the number of buttons you need.

MKII only has 1 switch port I believe. so a simple foot switch(such as a keyboard sustain switch)https://www.musiciansfriend.com/acc...8393623-sku^151551000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA (super cheap) could switch you from scene 1 to 2 and back again, but as @ChainOfThought has posted this would be eeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxxxxttttttttttrrrrrreeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmlllllly limiting!!!!!!!!!. Once you learn the ins and outs of the Fractal you will more then likely want some sort of midi pedal and an expression pedal or two.

Ahhh yea should have mentioned I didn't look into how many pedal jacks the axe physically has. I got mine bundled with an MFC so I never messed with other options.

I have a single footswitch. All it does is go through each preset incementally. I use 4 in total so it steps 1 - 4 then back to 1

If you program your AXE FX II with only one preset and Scene 1, 3, 5 and 7 are clean and 2, 4, 6 and 8 are crunch one simple footswitch is enough to change between these to "channels" (= scenes), for if you set the switch to "scene up" in the menu, it will change every time you press it and "restart" at scene 1 after you've reached scene 8.
I own an ART X15 MIDI-Pedal with an extra "analog" footswitch output and do exactly the same - apart from changing the presets via MIDI.

Midi Mouse works well for me. It can't switch scenes (but I'm no expert) but will go through 100 presets.

Back
Top Bottom