Silent stage advice

MikeBrooklyn

Inspired
Hey all. I manage and play guitar in a 5 piece 90s coverband. We’re all on in ears and no speakers or amps on stage. Everything to FOH. Sounds great on the room but my concern is that directly in front of the stage where people gather it’s kind of empty sounding and it’s all drums. Any ideas? Would just putting a wedge or two center stage solve this problem?

For big shows I've seen front facing speakers to fill in the stage sound.

Never had to do it, but I think it is common practice to have some speakers on stage filling on the front of the audience.

Yea, that may be a good idea. And rather than at the front of the stage, maybe put them directly in front of the drum kit so they have a better spread rather than being right in the face of the people in the front row.

Yea, that may be a good idea. And rather than at the front of the stage, maybe put them directly in front of the drum kit so they have a better spread rather than being right in the face of the people in the front row.
Yeah, I suppose it depends on how far back the first row is.

Front fills will do the job, they should be in line with your P A . If you move them futher back as suggested earlier, there will be issues with time alignment, you'll need to delay your main P A speakers to be time aligned with the speakers in front of the drums, and your stage will also no longer be silent, those speakers will bleed into your vocal mics.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. This is at a venue in Hoboken NJ. It’s a bar with a really large back room and it has cover bands there every weekend. First time playing there so trying to make it the best I can

Back
Top Bottom