• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Significant Volume Difference When Switching Scenes

joe1871

Inspired
Hey Y'all,

I am on 18.03. I am playing with the cabinet modeling bypassed. I have noticed a problem where the canned scenes are odd. The seem to almost completely drop in volume between scene 2 and scene 3 - 8. I play through a Matrix GT1000FX and a pair of Mesa Rectifier slant 2x12 cabs. Slant like wedges - floor monitors. They are really cool cabs btw. Anyway, that's not the point. I get no (or very reduced) volume out of scenes 3-8. Anyone else experience this? Anyone have a fix or idea?

Thanks folks, as always this is a great resource.

Joe

Output volume is stored per scene. Check the output volume in the Output block mixer.

Jesus - you would think you invented the damn thing! Doesn't suck getting support from the man himself - thanks Cliff. Fixed. Although why is ist happening on every preset? Is it meant to be that way? Is everyone else required to adjust the output on scenes 3 thru 8 or is my unit screwed up somehow? Did I screw up when I flashed the new presets?

BTW - while I have your ear, I wanted to say thanks. I bust my ass all week at work, and look forward so much to my weekends where I get to screw around with guitar tone. This is so much fun. I really appreciate you not only making it - but the support, and community, and firmware updates, and other benefits of owning an Axe are just fantastic. Thank you! You have made playing the guitar a ball again.

Joe

Jesus - you would think you invented the damn thing! Doesn't suck getting support from the man himself - thanks Cliff. Fixed. Although why is ist happening on every preset? Is it meant to be that way? Is everyone else required to adjust the output on scenes 3 thru 8 or is my unit screwed up somehow? Did I screw up when I flashed the new presets?

BTW - while I have your ear, I wanted to say thanks. I bust my ass all week at work, and look forward so much to my weekends where I get to screw around with guitar tone. This is so much fun. I really appreciate you not only making it - but the support, and community, and firmware updates, and other benefits of owning an Axe are just fantastic. Thank you! You have made playing the guitar a ball again.

Joe

I doubt most presets have multiple scenes, except for some on the Axchange that are specifically set up to use a number of scenes. You can of course go and access 3-8 for any given preset, but that doesn't mean there is anything there meant to be used.

Can't expect to have what, 387 presets?, recreated for fw18, and then also expect 8 different scene variations for each of those too

I think it's 384, but still. I know Cliff is pretty dedicated, but adding adjustments for 8 scenes per would be 3,072 setups. A bit much, yes? <grin>

Back
Top Bottom