Signal Coming In Too Hot

p8thfind3r

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before, if so can someone send me the link to the proper thread?

But my Axe FX 2 XL+ signal is coming into my DAW (Logic Pro X) way too hot. I used Austin Buddy's tutorial and set my guitar input to unity gain and then set the Output 1 levels to around 11:30. He said doing so should result in an approx. -12db reading in your DAW. Mine, however, is reading at -0.1db. I know it's not the presets as I am using either his Naked Tones or Fractal's factory presets. I am familiar with the VU meters and make sure everything is level, but I would think the factory presets would already be leveled and wouldn't require this step.

This hot signal is present when I run the Axe FX via USB and through my Focusrite 2i2. This makes me think its a setting in the AXE FX?

The main problem is headroom and when I record I'm already as close to 0 as possible. Austin Buddy mentioned a few times that the unit can be set to either -10db or +4db, but I think this only works for AX8.

Any insight on how to decrease the level would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I figured it out... i was using XLR to XLR and the focusrite automatically puts the signal through its pre-amps if you plug in an xlr... using 1/4 inch now and works perfect.

I figured it out... i was using XLR to XLR and the focusrite automatically puts the signal through its pre-amps if you plug in an xlr... using 1/4 inch now and works perfect.
Your OP said the problem occurred with both USB and the Focusrite... I guess that was not correct?

Now that you mentioned it, I recall seeing someone else with the same problem before.

Back
Top Bottom