Side Project – The Aging of a Les Paul

Hang in there Sashman so sorry for your lose and situation Man it’s tough. I’m glad you and your family are ok.
Stuff can be replaced but it is still a long road.

The photographs we have seen are just crazy to see that destruction. We have a whole new apperception for what Mother Nature can do in such a very short time.

We are are still recovering from Hurricane Michael October 10,2018 are house should be done in another two or three months.
My wife an I can totally relate to your situation it’s crazy how your life can change in a few hours.
Sooo glad I live inland on a hill....those tornadoes get pretty close on occasion tho.

Hell yeah! Ive heard guys say those are WAY better than Gibson single cuts. Personally I can't stand the necks on any Gibson. Hard to go to a baseball bat after being spoiled by wizard necks.

The ESP is probably a better guitar than Gibson all around. I had an LTD years ago that had a thin U neck. It was decent. I don't seem to have a problem adjusting to a variety of necks. However, I don't care too much for a glossy neck.

Now, the PC-1 has a baseball bat neck – I like it!

The ESP is probably a better guitar than Gibson all around. I had an LTD years ago that had a thin U neck. It was decent. I don't seem to have a problem adjusting to a variety of necks. However, I don't care too much for a glossy neck.

So what happens to the Gibby ? Are you moving on from your project ?

Im not sure a new E-II is better if by much than a new Gibson. You wont know til you get it.

Im not sure a new E-II is better if by much than a new Gibson. You wont know til you get it.
I hear what you're saying, and it's true. I have my eye on several very different guitars. Likewise, I won't truly know how good it is until it arrives, and I play it. Not only that, but over the years I have figured out what I do and do not like in a guitar. I will make the best choice I know how to.

I like Sweetwater's return policy. I have never abused it, but I will use it. Purchasing a guitar online is a gamble in some regards, but It's a safe choice with a good return policy. Dealbreakers do exist!

"I don't care too much for a glossy neck":

It's easy to change the back of the neck from glossy to satin, but not so easy to go back.

My "rule" for the last couple of years when searching for a new guitar is to not buy it if I'm thinking there's something I'd want to change right away - pickups, hardware, etc.

The second part of that rule is to not change anything on a new guitar for a few months to make sure I've given the guitar a chance to show me what it's got.

I like Sweetwater's return policy. I have never abused it, but I will use it. Purchasing a guitar online is a gamble in some regards, but It's a safe choice with a good return policy. Dealbreakers do exist!
I tried a Custom Shop Strat while I was there in August, and was glad I did, because it saved both of us the hassle of me using that return policy. Got a Noventa Jazzmaster instead. You gotta feel the guitar neck in your hand to know if it is the one for you....

My "rule" for the last couple of years when searching for a new guitar is to not buy it if I'm thinking there's something I'd want to change right away - pickups, hardware, etc.

The second part of that rule is to not change anything on a new guitar for a few months to make sure I've given the guitar a chance to show me what it's got.
Getting there myself.

The other side of that coin is sometimes you encounter an otherwise fantastic guitar with just one or two issues or sub-optimal bits. In those cases, eventually the upgrade gets done....

Getting there myself.

The other side of that coin is sometimes you encounter an otherwise fantastic guitar with just one or two issues or sub-optimal bits. In those cases, eventually the upgrade gets done....
I agree. I'm just giving myself enough time to decide that a guitar is really a keeper before making changes.

Back
Top Bottom