Side Project – The Aging of a Les Paul

If it has a nitro finish and you live in the cold i have an idea - throw the guitar in your car trunk (aka boot) over night on a very cold night (freezing works). The next day heat your house up a bit, bring the guitar in open the case immediately. You will have instant finish checking. Gutar will look aged for sure. :cool:

This is the type of thing that happens when you don't take your meds. I'm bipolar, … so they say. I go off on these adventures sometimes. I come back a short time later and behold the mayhem I have caused. I am looking at this guitar now, once a beautiful Les Paul. I'm not sure what it is anymore.

So, I'll just try to make something out of it. I'm sure it still plays well.
I'm sorry. Gotta take your meds, if you need your meds.

But, it is what it is, and it's still a good guitar. It's just got battle scars now, from the actual life it's lived. We all have em.

Carry on. Take your meds.

I wish you peace.

That looks nothing like natural aging or wear. It's just damaged now. I'm no Gibson fanboy so don't care what you do to the guitar, but that's not good.

You're killing me! :tearsofjoy: I told myself I wasn't gonna watch this thread, but like a car crash, it's hard not to look.
Back in high school I let a buddy use my brand new LP Custom Silverburst as his backup, and he put buckle rash on the back, so I'm a little sensitive. But yes, it's certainly yours to do with as you please! Here's hoping it turns out better than you expect. 👍

I am guessing it has to be a Chibson and the OP is just jerking our chain about relic'ing a new-ish Gibby.
Otherwise, this thread is proof of the value of good friends who keep you from doing dumb shit for no
good reason at all. :)

deleted

I'm an embarrassment to the human race i should kill myself
Hey man, sounds like you're in real pain, I'm sorry.

If you've got meds like you said, you're already working on getting help, that's good. Reach out to your helpers, get some short term help if you can.

I have an unfortunate amount of experience with how tough this stuff can be, and these feelings are temporary. Even if you do things you regret.

This might be opening a whole other can of hard stuff, or not, but do you have family close by, or good friends? Are you a spiritual sort of guy, church or otherwise?

Reach out, really!
And hang in there!
It gets better!

Dude! I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing you well. I have depression and it's tough, especially around the holidays. Please call or reach out to friends/family and let them help! You're loved!!

Especially any of us that have done amphetamines. I once watched a friend tear apart a 3000 dollar TV.... completely trashed. It's just stuff brother.

You can do anything you want to your guitar. You can take a hacksaw and make it a double cut if you want. But the end of the day, the custom “inlay” pushes it over the line.

Thanks guys, and thanks for the offer to age my guitar. I am in South Carolina USA btw.

I am putting this beat up Les Paul back together. I am just going to practice on it in my room. Nobody will ever see it, but me, lol. I plan to try a BKP Riff Raff in the bridge position.

I am saving up for a brand new one. I have my eye on a Gibson Les Paul Standard, plain top, iced tea burst. I am going to pay down my Sweetwater card first before I get it. I should have it by summer.

Thanks again!

Thank you!
Top priority is to get a new home for my wife and our newborn daughter.
But we are insured, so it’s not that bad, we are alive. Over 180 people lost their life’s in the floods.
Hang in there Sashman so sorry for your lose and situation Man it’s tough. I’m glad you and your family are ok.
Stuff can be replaced but it is still a long road.

The photographs we have seen are just crazy to see that destruction. We have a whole new apperception for what Mother Nature can do in such a very short time.

We are are still recovering from Hurricane Michael October 10,2018 are house should be done in another two or three months.
My wife an I can totally relate to your situation it’s crazy how your life can change in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom