Showing Dynamics in Firmware 5 using JTM 45

Manny Fufish

Power User
Here is a piece that I feel shows off the new dynamics found in Firmware 5. This uses the JTM 45 amp, a personal favorite of mine. To get this tone, just pick the 'A007 Plexi Normal' preset, change the amp to 'Brit JM45' and that's it! Very versatile amp that cleans up nicely and breaks up great. Not sure how many have spent time with this jem, but on Firmware 5 the dynamics are popping!

Hope you enjoy!

Dynamics demo using Firmware 5 and JTM 45 amp

Last edited:
TAB?? ;) j/k Great playing.
Not crazy about *all* the breakup characteristics or if the dynamism really comes through *that* great in this clip...
For me, there's more harshness than in fw4, where each and every breakup seemed to sound nice.
But I know by now a clip can often not convey it properly. I'll try it myself, thx :)

Very nice!

Humbuckers? I don't get that much breakup otherwise.

levipeto said:
We could enjoy it more if you shared the preset ;) great tone, great playing, great melody.

Thanks. See OP, use Plexi Normal and change amp. That's it.

Last edited:
Hey Manny,
I'm curious. Did you change anything else on the preset? Drive level or input trim? Even though I'm using fairly weak pickups, there's no way for me to get that much breakup. (Great sound and feel, btw!)

Nice indeed. :)

But everything depends on the guitar used and microphones ... single, double and levels out . (impedance) ...

Patzag said:
Hey Manny,
I'm curious. Did you change anything else on the preset? Drive level or input trim? Even though I'm using fairly weak pickups, there's no way for me to get that much breakup. (Great sound and feel, btw!)

Thanks Patzag, nothing else was changed but as mentioned to Yek, these are DiMarzio Rails and they are a bit hot. Hotter then the HBs in my Music Man Petrucci for instance.

Patzag said:
Hey Manny,

Haven't tried this preset, but I use Input gain to compensate for different PU output a lot. Can make a strat crunch on a preset previously set up for a LP. Saw Yek (I think) recommend amp gain in global for same thing. Haven't tried it, but I will soon. Looks like it might be the one stop gain fix parameter for switching between guitars.

Back
Top Bottom