Show your Ibanez

There was not thread for Show your Ibanez guitar so I made one ;D

I just replace my Ibanez AG95QA-DBS with IbanezAS93ZW-NT (simply reason is that it's so much easier to play
from upper frets and also, more versatile sound).

I play about 1 month then I take guitar for final adjustment (already nice to play) but few fret edges need to file and
then I want frets to polish and make overall last adjustments. Guitar sounds very nice and easy to play.

Some pictures below:

View attachment 123342

View attachment 123343

View attachment 123344
View attachment 123345

View attachment 123346
Now that’s beautiful.

I am looking for a semi-hollow, or hollow body electric. I have been looking at the JSM100, and the AS2000. Both are rarely in stock. It looks like the pickups on the other models not made in Japan are the same, but the body and neck woods are different. Does anyone know where the non Japan models are made, and does anyone have first hand experience with them? Given my recent disappointment at the PRS DGT SE (pickups mainly) I am a bit hesitant to go with something not made in Japan or the US, but .... I have also looked at the ES335 but the Ibanez guitars just seem really nice. But not having in person exposure to them makes it a difficult purchase.
On another note, some fine looking guitars on this thread!
Hope I understand your question correctly: "Does anyone know where the non Japan models are made, and does anyone have first hand experience with them?"

AS200 and JSM100 made in Japan.
I had JSM100 and AS200 and both guitars really excellent. AS2000 I think also excellent.
And there is Ibanez AM2000H-BS made in Japan also.

Both JSM100 and AS200 are flexible sounding guitars, easy to play and staying tune very well etc. but in this price they should be ;D

Now days I don't have anymore more expensive guitars (only two expensive) and rest reasonable affordable price.
Last Ibanez semi hollow body I bought was Ibanez AS93ZW_NT (made in Indonesia) and that quitar is also very nice and great flexible sounding and
it has also Super 58 humbuckers (Made in Indonesia).

Some of Hollow- / -Semi hollow bodies made in china ans some in Indonesia.

https://rockguitaruniverse.com/where-ibanez-made/

Before AS93ZW-NT model I had AG95 (made in China) model, reason for selling AG95 was that AS93 model is so much easier to play from upper register above
12 fret. Both are very nice guitars.

Some Ibanez custom models are made in USA https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Custom_series

Even Ibanez hollow- and semi- hollow bodies made in China or Indonesia that don't mean they are less quality.
I have had many Ibanez made in Indonesia and China and all of them good quality (somebody else probably have
not so good experience).

Earlier I have had addict to buy guitars and I had quite many of them, now days little bit less and not so many than earlier ;D

That is a bit of an odd duck. Looks very clean! I'm guessing it must be an '85 or very early '86?

They pretty much changed the headstock and started using the Edge trem at the same time.

How is the bridge?

I have a PL1770, although I replaced the neck with a Wizard and replaced the pickups with the IBZUSA from 87 or 88.

That is a bit of an odd duck. Looks very clean! I'm guessing it must be an '85 or very early '86?

They pretty much changed the headstock and started using the Edge trem at the same time.

How is the bridge?

I have a PL1770, although I replaced the neck with a Wizard and replaced the pickups with the IBZUSA from 87 or 88.
Yeah it’s an ‘85 Proline 1440 .
Odd duck for sure .
Traded a 12 pack for it lol.
Someone chipped out the bridge cavity with what may have been a chisel or screwdriver 😳
They actually screwed this Floyd Rose on it.

image.jpg
It’s pretty much a dust collector but maybe some day 🤪

Yeah it’s an ‘85 Proline 1440 .
Odd duck for sure .
Traded a 12 pack for it lol.
Someone chipped out the bridge cavity with what may have been a chisel or screwdriver 😳
They actually screwed this Floyd Rose on it.

View attachment 129854
It’s pretty much a dust collector but maybe some day 🤪
I think I commented on that bridge over on The Gear Forum ;)

Love it !! By the way , happy to see a pic of an old Blade Levinson R4... great guitars. great necks .I sold it and I miss it...

Hope I understand your question correctly: "Does anyone know where the non Japan models are made, and does anyone have first hand experience with them?"

AS200 and JSM100 made in Japan.
I had JSM100 and AS200 and both guitars really excellent. AS2000 I think also excellent.
And there is Ibanez AM2000H-BS made in Japan also.

Both JSM100 and AS200 are flexible sounding guitars, easy to play and staying tune very well etc. but in this price they should be ;D

Now days I don't have anymore more expensive guitars (only two expensive) and rest reasonable affordable price.
Last Ibanez semi hollow body I bought was Ibanez AS93ZW_NT (made in Indonesia) and that quitar is also very nice and great flexible sounding and
it has also Super 58 humbuckers (Made in Indonesia).

Some of Hollow- / -Semi hollow bodies made in china ans some in Indonesia.

https://rockguitaruniverse.com/where-ibanez-made/

Before AS93ZW-NT model I had AG95 (made in China) model, reason for selling AG95 was that AS93 model is so much easier to play from upper register above
12 fret. Both are very nice guitars.

Some Ibanez custom models are made in USA https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Custom_series

Even Ibanez hollow- and semi- hollow bodies made in China or Indonesia that don't mean they are less quality.
I have had many Ibanez made in Indonesia and China and all of them good quality (somebody else probably have
not so good experience).

Earlier I have had addict to buy guitars and I had quite many of them, now days little bit less and not so many than earlier ;D
Thanks so much for your reply. Very helpful. One quick question I have is whether the Super 58 pickups in the JSM100 and AS200 are also made in Indonesia, or if they are made in Japan? Basically this is due to my recent experience with the PRS SE DGT. Same pickup design as the Core DGT but in the SE they are made in Indonesia, not the USA. I felt the Indonesian pickups were thin and lacked any richness. Basically to me they were just bad. If the Ibanez AS93ZW Super 58 pickups are identical to those in the JSM100 then I would give it a try. My fear is that they aren't made in the same place and I could have the same issue as I had with the PRS SE pickups.
Also, I read the where-ibanez-made link you sent but it didn't make it clear whether the AS93ZW is made in Indonesia, China or Korea. Quality issues aside, I just don't choose to buy a guitar made in China.
Thanks again for responding.

Back
Top Bottom