Show us your Packed preset!!

So we have about 3 to 5% more DSP power optimization, design a preset that pushes your AX8 to the limits!

This is what i got.

29650333962_46792d7dc2_o.jpg

Cool, but all the amp settings are still at noon ?

;)

Its a preset to test the DSP limits with many blocks, i actually have no purpose on using it as there are more efficient ways of getting what i like, its a fun test.:D

I'd be curious if it still works while switching scenes. The CPU gets spikes when scene switching and cuts out the reverb sometimes even though it works when first running it.

So we have about 3 to 5% more DSP power optimization, design a preset that pushes your AX8 to the limits!

This is what i got.

29650333962_46792d7dc2_o.jpg

Jeezuus - thats amazing! I struggled to add a shimmer to my Beautiful Day preset without it gltiching and bitching.....

...Might ask you to have a look at it!

if you have an amp, cab and two drive blocks, what else can you fit into the preset?

My typical Axe Fx II preset is:
COMP -> DRIVE 1 -> DRIVE 2 -> DELAY 1 -> DELAY 2 -> AMP -> CAB -> REVERB

Is this chain possible?

if you have an amp, cab and two drive blocks, what else can you fit into the preset?

Is this chain possible?
Yes that chain is possible, You can fit as many things as you have CPU cycles for. Settings on some of these effects can be tuned to minimise CPU usage therefore allowing more effects to be present.

Pretty interesting thread. I'm more a minimalist but some of these rigs look pretty interesting. If you tried to do this with a pedalboard, it would have its own zip code. I have a bank of presets set up for humbucker guitars and another bank set up for single coils (I'm transfendered). I'm wondering if I could arrange something similar within a single preset.

Thanks for posting!

Is this chain possible?

What i'm wondering is why 2 drives and 2 delays? when each of those FX s has an X/Y option, it's more efficient CPU% wise approaching those FXs that way.

So here is your patch example:
30032171810_2f3f440e33_b.jpg

And here is mine using same similar CPU but with a way more flexible FX chain.
30242964011_0d93633e29_b.jpg

What i'm wondering is why 2 drives and 2 delays? when each of those FX s has an X/Y option, it's more efficient CPU% wise approaching those FXs that way.

30032171810_2f3f440e33_b.jpg

And here is mine using same similar CPU but with a way more flexible FX chain.
30242964011_0d93633e29_b.jpg
I think you are assuming he isn't using X/Y on the drive and delay blocks... I have 2 drive blocks in my preset template, and use X/Y on both. This allows me to use 1 drive for rhythm, 1 for main lead sound, 1 for alternate lead sound, and 1 for Octavia.

I think you are assuming he isn't using X/Y on the drive and delay blocks... I have 2 drive blocks in my preset template, and use X/Y on both. This allows me to use 1 drive for rhythm, 1 for main lead sound, 1 for alternate lead sound, and 1 for Octavia.

Well, using two drives takes more CPU power then using 1 drive X/Y and the amps X/Y to achieve very similar approaches, nothing wrong with using 2 drives at all, but since we have sooo much amps to choose from, that 2 rhythm and 2 lead tones could be achieve with one amp and one drive.

Well, using two drives takes more CPU power then using 1 drive X/Y and the amps X/Y to achieve very similar approaches, nothing wrong with using 2 drives at all, but since we have sooo much amps to choose from, that 2 rhythm and 2 lead tones could be achieve with one amp and one drive.
Using amp X/Y causes audio dropouts, so it's not an option that works for me.

Also, I use an Axe Fx not an AX8 , so I could actually use 2 amps as well... But I don't... And I don't have quite the CPU limit, either :D

Thanks a lot for that - that's great!

Good question.The main reason is that the patch I use most of the time is setup like that on the Axe Fx, so I figured if the AX8 could run that, then I could easily swap over and not have to worry about being limited.

The two delays are important for me because I often stack two different types of delays (digital + analog for example) and it would be hard to compromise on that. I really like the digital delay stacked with the memory man delay, and whilst you can recreate the same vibe with one delay block set to stereo (with different delay times on each side to get that galloping effect), it doesn't sound quite the same.

The two drives are not as important as I've started to lean more on scene controllers to vary the amp gain and/or input trim to get more drive, so I really could cut back to one drive if I needed. Having two drive blocks was a bit of a carry over from when I had a 'real' pedal board setup and I would stack drives often.

More often than not I'm just using the one drive block now set more to a dirty boost with the Y-State set for more boost. I then change between Scene 1 (amp set to edge of breakup) and Scene 2 (amp set for more drive) to give me various gain stages. The second drive block was for more rhythm stuff, but I much prefer the amp gain these days.

Last edited:
Brouhahaha... @Smittefar et al. You guys are absolutely crazy. Certainly in a good way. Remember the kids playing with those wooden train sets? While most would build that circle with a bridge others constructed a railway system with a full blown train station? At least I was good at pushing the train forth and back over the bridge, muttering something like Brrroumm... Brrroummm.
Hell, I initially bought Fractal gear to simplify and get away from my pedalboard with all those cables and ripping the pedals off the board to Change the signal chain and now I find myself in block nirvana...
Keep up the good work guys, some have to be the pioneers and push the limits!

Back
Top Bottom