Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Updated and simplified my setup. I'm back to basics again after experimenting with external midi controllers and different expression pedals. It'll probably change again next week :). For now though:
  • Mission Engineering Spring Loaded EP-1. I've tested both the Soul Press and the Fractal EV-2. I think I would have preferred the EV-2 if it was spring loaded but as it is the EP-1 is the best one for me. I really don't use it much. It's really only for wah in a couple of songs. It felt big and heavy just for that but in the end it's the best option for me.
  • The knob just below the EP-1 is master volume, attached to the output volume. Great if I find myself quickly having to make some volume adjustment if I get the volume wrong in a preset for instance.
  • In the lower left is my momentary Talent boost. In most presets this will just enable the boost in the amp block and a little bit of volume boost. I use this when I just have a short line that I want to stand out. I also use this for the Raygun effect in Rebel Yell and similar momentary functions.
  • Above the Talent boost is the lead volume. I can adjust this between 0-8dB boost. At noon its 4dB which is usually spot on with our band with 2 guitars, drums and bass. In some songs there's only me on guitar and then I can lower this quite a bit and some songs when the band is really digging in I can dial it up it a bit.
  • In the top left is the clock.
  • This is the first time in quite a while I've been willing to show the underside of my board, and I think it came out rather well :)
  • Mounted underneath is the Mission Engineering USB power supply. I've been using the Line 6 G10 and that requires USB power, and at times I've added some pedal here and there, or an external midi controller needing power and the Mission Engineering 529 power supply is the first that's made all of that easy. And it's very lightweight as well.
ax8_1.jpg

ax8_2.jpg

You mean the cables or the knobs? The cables are Hosa CSS103RR and the knobs comes from http://this1smyne.com. With the cables, I used a knife to trim away some of the plastic to make all four fit on the back of the Ax8.
Thanks, I meant the cables. The jacks on the back on the AX8 are so damn close together. I haven't find any angled plug that fit. I will take a look at these.

Thanks, I meant the cables. The jacks on the back on the AX8 are so damn close together. I haven't find any angled plug that fit. I will take a look at these.
Hosa has TRS cables in that '103' family that have right-angle plug on one end, straight plug on the other. No trimming necessary. Look for "CSS-103R".

Hosa has TRS cables in that '103' family that have right-angle plug on one end, straight plug on the other. No trimming necessary. Look for "CSS-103R".

Depends if you have room at the back or not. At the moment it would be ok but I used to have a Voes MC-5Jr in front and had to slide my Ax8 all the way back on my PT2. If I had straight plugs (and I used to) they would stick out beyond the edge of the PT2. By using the CSS-103RR plugs and trimming the plastic, they are a much snugger fit but also doesn't stick out anywhere near as much.

I am re-wiring my AX8 board soon. Right now, I have angled TRS plugs in both ends, and I made the plugs fit in EXP1&2. But now I need to connect something to EXP3&4, and they are completely blocked by the two other plugs. So, I bought the shortest straight plugs I could find, and I hope the fit in my flightcase.

My rig is undeniably simple, but man is it powerful. I'm justing using the AX8 into two Electro Voice ZLX-12P-US Speakers. I run two xlrs from the outputs to the speakers which are placed on both sides of the stage, and the sound guy can pull my direct signal from the 'output' of the speaker (basically just a passthru).

Attachments

• ax8rig.png
    ax8rig.png
    387.2 KB · Views: 53
Here's the back of my Ax8 with the 4 Hosa CSS103RR cables with the plastic cut down quite a bit. As you can see I managed to cut the insulation a bit too much but only the insulation, it didn't cut any of the actual cable. If you do this I would recommend getting a spare cable just in case.

ax8 - 1.jpg

So, for someone not using the FX Sends, would you still have to cut the plastic? Looks like there's room if the FX Sends are not in the way.

If you run pedal 1 (top right) across the spdif and pedal 2 (top left) across output 2 (fix send) you can probably get away without cutting anything, but I didn’t test it since I always use output 2 for my own monitor and spdif whenever I record.

Just finished this rig for my son

Well,thats very nice,very very nice.! Good job ! I would like to have my set up like this !

EYJ5OZi.jpg

0HLmws1.jpg

WdMY5oK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom