Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

I've never been prompted with an upgrade on any of my AxeFx units or the Ax8. Axe-Edit prompts me when it has an update and Fractalbot shows when there is new firmware and it only takes about 7 or 8 minutes to load max. you don't need the latest firmware to dig in. Fractal products have always been good on any firmware. Have fun with your new toy.
Hi Redd...Yes I just received it on Monday had a PC all set for it downloaded latest versions of edit from website plugged in the USB and ran the install lo and behold prompted for FW upgrade "WampWamp" end of story but good news as everyone in forum knows is OK Im currently very close to completing my virtual imitation of my RIG and its something that I feel everyone will like and Im hoping to share it soon... if not then thats cool too...
Happy Holidays! GB....

"Oh really? darn well OK just do it" tended it and 320 minutes later I was ready to play but it was late and now my creativity was gone and so was my day... or evening if you will... Chers Dave,
320 minutes later???? Well I guess if I'd been that slow of mind I'd be pissed off too. But never having had the opportunity to update the firmware on any gear before I found going from V4.00 to V5.00 less then a week after I got my FX8 Mk II to be an amazing eye opening experience, and guess what ...........it only took a matter of minutes. And I certainly ain't bitchin about it. The very fact that the folks at Fractal are SOOOO on top of updates and corrections is not something you need to come on the forum and piss and moan about. Learn the machine AND learn to deal with the fact that it's going to be CONSTANTLY updated, It is the very nature of Fractal.........CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT.

320 minutes later???? Well I guess if I'd been that slow of mind I'd be pissed off too. But never having had the opportunity to update the firmware on any gear before I found going from V4.00 to V5.00 less then a week after I got my FX8 Mk II to be an amazing eye opening experience, and guess what ...........it only took a matter of minutes. And I certainly ain't bitchin about it. The very fact that the folks at Fractal are SOOOO on top of updates and corrections is not something you need to come on the forum and piss and moan about. Learn the machine AND learn to deal with the fact that it's going to be CONSTANTLY updated, It is the very nature of Fractal.........CONSTANT IMPROVEMENT.
Hi T0aj15 or can I jut call you t5 for short? lt sounds better to me... yep your right just bitch about it, I'm such a looser so sorry to make your FAS feathers crinkle unfortunately free speech is legal and yes FAS is great thanks for being such a whiner its really appreciated BTW tell me what you think of my first shared patch... http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/daveo-clean-patch.122286/
Cheers and Merry Christmas
Best DaveO

My silent rig.

29868537594_64524f3d28_z.jpg

had this thing since april or something...but better late than never. Her is my small desk view.

Attachments

• P1010522.JPG
    P1010522.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 191
Thanks guys, work in progress. The boomerang is there to adjust the volume of my loop. The G10 is great. One cool thing about the G10 is that you can pull it out of your guitar with everything at full volume and it doesn't make a sound.

NIce! Does Boomerang expression pedal works ok with AX8?
Yes perfect. I put the looper in parallel and set the mix to 100%. I use expression 2 to adjust the level of the looper + or - 7 db which seems to mimic the level of the actual Boomerang. Mike @ Boomerang sold me the Wholly Roller for $100 including shipping. It has a very nice solid feel. I didn't want to use a volume pedal for the looper volume because it should spend most of it's life half way which doesn't work for my brain.

Fwiw I bought an AX8 on 12/13 and received it with 6.01. It shipped within a few hours of purchasing. 6.02 was released the morning it was delivered but updating was easy.

Built in Mic stand on the floor, the lid becomes a guitar stand when removed.
Orange micro terror as power amp for backline cab, Vein-tap's reversed "little splitter" for 2 separate inputs (one for the Line6 Relay G50 and one for cable). The XLR's and cab out is mounted at the back for easy acess, eaton power strip protects the unit and Roland EV-5 Exp. pedal for some foot action.
View attachment 36026 View attachment 36028View attachment 36027

A very inventive and practical setup.

Excellent work!

Back
Top Bottom