Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

New with XiTone active 1-12 wedges. The studio is a mess. Getting ready to move into a new house, so it's all a mess. You can see the LF+12+ in the background for my AxeFxII. There's also the Ernie Ball VolAX8 and XiTone.jpg ume pedal set up as an expression pedal.

Why is everyone using an external tuner with the Axe-8?

I don't think everyone is. I do because I like the Turbo Tuner WAY better than the on-board one (no offense to those who like the one in the AX8). It's faster and more accurate, and easier for me to use in live settings. Plus you can run it always-on (though I don't always), something you can't do with the built-in one

Tuner works great for me. I don't know why I'd need an extra thing to carry around or to plug in on a pedal board. I'm trying to avoid that.

My board is finally clean enough that I'll let anyone see it. I am still trying to make the two external switches work the right way, but overall I am very happy with it! The AX8 is truly awesomely awesome (yes, it's that awesome!).

You can hear it here:

Would love this patch if you care to share!

I'm still waiting on my Axe8 invite. Is the tuner the same as the Axe Fxii tuner with the 8 ball? I like the 8 ball. Remember the old debate when Cliff took it out and there was a poll on who wanted it and who didn't? Glad he kept it in.

I'm still waiting on my Axe8 invite. Is the tuner the same as the Axe Fxii tuner with the 8 ball? I like the 8 ball. Remember the old debate when Cliff took it out and there was a poll on who wanted it and who didn't? Glad he kept it in.
No ball on the AX8. Otherwise the same.

Would love this patch if you care to share!

Which one of them? KLEAN, SEMI-KLN, KNAS (Crunch) and LARM! (Drive) are four different patches. Since I made the demo, I may have altered some of the patches, but I can share the current versions. I will upload the to my Dropbox public folder when I get near my AX8 tonight.

Because they can! and many happen to be included in the wireless.

Well obviously I'm not referring to the ones built into a wireless receiver. I did notice one board that had a multi pedal power supply and it was only powering a stand alone tuner Boss TU-2 which just seemed kinda pointless really.

Well obviously I'm not referring to the ones built into a wireless receiver. I did notice one board that had a multi pedal power supply and it was only powering a stand alone tuner Boss TU-2 which just seemed kinda pointless really.

It really all boils down to personal preference! I think the tuner in the AX8 works just fine but as others have indicated they prefer a different tuner.

Which one of them? KLEAN, SEMI-KLN, KNAS (Crunch) and LARM! (Drive) are four different patches. Since I made the demo, I may have altered some of the patches, but I can share the current versions. I will upload the to my Dropbox public folder when I get near my AX8 tonight.

Here are the patches: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qcqmh1vwfzw303q/AADQYvy48m5_0MZN284-mecla?dl=0
I recommend you put them in the preset slots 1-4 in a bank, as the footswitch layout is optimised for that configuration.

Back
Top Bottom