Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Got everything hard bolted down to a piece of plywood yesterday - this is the absolute minimum size I think that's possible for the ax8 and 2 exps. It's a 12"x24" sheet of plywood.

There's literally about 1/10" of clearance between the left pedal and the ax8. Right side has a little more, be thanks to the side access cable jacks. I did use connectors with the lowest profile I could find though; those flat pancake looking ¼" plugs :)

Anyway, here are a few pictures. next step is to get a 12x24" case!

The cables to the mission pedal are nicely tucked underneath the ax8 in a channel I cut out with my dremel tool - nice and clean looking lol.

I think I'd like to try and wedge a small power strip in the back with two additional sockets for a pair of powered monitors, but we'll see what my "smallest power strip I can find" search turns up. :-D

IMG_1022.JPGIMG_1016.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1021.JPG
    IMG_1021.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 273
Saw your AX8 with a H9:

First draft:View attachment 31912 View attachment 31909 View attachment 31908

Note: these KickTags are the embodiment of excellence.

Is it possible to connect the h9 in such a way, we can use the stereo outs of the h9 and back to the ax8 with one set of stereo outputs for full range, and another set of outputs, possibly mono or stereo with no Cab Sim to be connected to the power section of one or two tube amps.

Saw your AX8 with a H9:

Is it possible to connect the h9 in such a way, we can use the stereo outs of the h9 and back to the ax8 with one set of stereo outputs for full range, and another set of outputs, possibly mono or stereo with no Cab Sim to be connected to the power section of one or two tube amps.

This is feasible, provided that you position the FX block before the Cab block in a preset and utilize additional equipment- you will require a stereo output splitter; a cursory search produced the following products:

Henry EngineeringPatch Box II Analog Stereo Output Multiplier and Signal Converter

ART SPLIT Mix 4 4-Channel Passive Splitter/Mixer

received Friday before last. Been to practice 2 times. gonna GiG nextFriday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
100_1873_zpsxbopbmvx.jpg

Last edited:
This is just starting out. I plan to add a Mission Engineering exp. pedal (the popular one), and H9, and a wireless unit and possibly putting it on a Pedaltrain Novo 32 as I feel my Pedaltrain Pro is too much and too big for tight spots
bz5ocRK.jpg
. Possible saving up for different wedge or an Atomic CLR.

This is just starting out. I plan to add a Mission Engineering exp. pedal (the popular one), and H9, and a wireless unit and possibly putting it on a Pedaltrain Novo 32 as I feel my Pedaltrain Pro is too much and too big for tight spots
bz5ocRK.jpg
. Possible saving up for different wedge or an Atomic CLR.
Which Alto Model is that I have the TS112? Do you like it?

Thanks Toad. It took some soldering but so far best setup I have ever used.

I'm still a twiddle the knobs type player which is why I like the Axe8 and Strymon. Feels more old school compared to my Axe II. Less tweaking and less fussing.

Back
Top Bottom