Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Here is mine. It's a work in progress...I have a Shure glxd16 on order. Once it arrives I will finish the cable management.

Novo 24
Voodoo lab / pedal power 2
Best-Tronics front panel
Is everything on there pretty tight? I'm curious about that board with 2 expression pedals, footswitch, and wireless.
Thanks!

My updated AX8 with a Polytune 2 added:

IMG_9937_zpswwlkj0hm.jpg

• Pedaltrain 2
  • Mission Spring loaded expression pedal
  • This1smyne mini expression knob (for master volume)
  • Shure Wireless
  • Polytune 2
  • Pick holder at the front
I still need to tidy up the cabling underneath and I'll post another picture when it's all completed.

I used the Ax8 at rehearsals first time yesterday and had to tweak a few things, which worked pretty well on the builtin screen and overall it was definitely a success.

Is everything on there pretty tight? I'm curious about that board with 2 expression pedals, footswitch, and wireless.
Thanks!

Yes, very. The harmonizer input cable plug hangs over the edge so getting it into the mono bag is a bit tricky. I may hard wire the connector to the pedal someday but I also use it with my other pedal board when using an amp.

I used a pedaltrain 2 with my MFC and 2 expression pedals. The Boss FV-500 and Mission EP-1 and it just fit.

The Novo and the PT2- are the same width but the extra depth with the Novo 24 is very nice.

What are most of you using for your power supply? I have a Trailer Trash Pro board I want to put my supply underneath but am unsure of what exactly to get. Is it good to make sure something like the AX8 and maybe some active monitors get power conditioning, or just a surge protector strip, or is it not even that important?

I use the voodoo lab pedal power 2 plus. It is overkill as I only plug in two pedals..the tuner and the harmonizer, but the courtesy outlet to plug the ax8 into is very handy. And I made a powercon cable plug out to source the main power

My AX8 rig, v1.0

Going to test in rehearsals if this setup is exactly how I want it.
When it's final I will route the outputs to a panel with a multi connector for my case at the backline where my connectionblock, monitor, IEM wireless, sample player etc are.

Case is bought at Thomann, EUR 149. Comes with handle and wheels :)
Bought the combination pack with powerplant, for EUR 16 extra.
See details: http://www.thomann.de/nl/harley_benton_pb1000.htm

View attachment 31577

View attachment 31578 View attachment 31580 View attachment 31581 View attachment 31582 View attachment 31579
nice and neat - i like

2 buttons on the left are Volume Incr/Decr functions. The one on the right i plan to use like an expression pedal.Maybe for whammy or for reverse delay.

Can you configure them to do preset up/down ? I guess I could read that on up when I get home tonight ;-)

My updated AX8 with a Polytune 2 added:

IMG_9937_zpswwlkj0hm.jpg

• Pedaltrain 2
  • Mission Spring loaded expression pedal
  • This1smyne mini expression knob (for master volume)
  • Shure Wireless
  • Polytune 2
  • Pick holder at the front
I still need to tidy up the cabling underneath and I'll post another picture when it's all completed.

I used the Ax8 at rehearsals first time yesterday and had to tweak a few things, which worked pretty well on the builtin screen and overall it was definitely a success.

Yes ... never thought of having a pick holder there - great idea! :D

Yes, very. The harmonizer input cable plug hangs over the edge so getting it into the mono bag is a bit tricky. I may hard wire the connector to the pedal someday but I also use it with my other pedal board when using an amp.

I used a pedaltrain 2 with my MFC and 2 expression pedals. The Boss FV-500 and Mission EP-1 and it just fit.

The Novo and the PT2- are the same width but the extra depth with the Novo 24 is very nice.
Have you considered using the HOSA pancake plugs? May help save some space.

Scott, I just recently found a vid you posted on youtube. Killer tone. I'm getting my board today and play in church like you. I even recognized that BJ Putnam line you were playing. That sound that you had, was it a preset or something you put together. Amazing strat tone.

Scott, I just recently found a vid you posted on youtube. Killer tone. I'm getting my board today and play in church like you. I even recognized that BJ Putnam line you were playing. That sound that you had, was it a preset or something you put together. Amazing strat tone.

Its basically the Wrecker express preset changed to fit a song I was doing that weekend. Pm me and send me your email, I will find it and send it to you.

What specs (taper, etc...) did you use for your T1M expression knob? I'm thinking about getting one.

Here's my first stab at my AX8 board.

IMG_9891_zps4gq1kjmg.jpg

It may look like things are hanging over the side but they are not. It's completely snug so works perfectly for this setup.
I still need to do the power wiring underneath properly and I'll probably add a TC Poly-tuner at the empty space. In case I need to bypass the wireless that will make an easy entry point as well.

What are most of you using for your power supply? I have a Trailer Trash Pro board I want to put my supply underneath but am unsure of what exactly to get. Is it good to make sure something like the AX8 and maybe some active monitors get power conditioning, or just a surge protector strip, or is it not even that important?
Voodoo Labs pedal power 2

Back
Top Bottom