Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

So I developed my idea even further. Now I have 3 external switches on top of AX8. I found a cool way to attach them so they would not slip. Nano pad (the one that holds your phone on a car panel) - it is sticky and holds these switches really tight, better than velcro and it is easy to remove, no side effects of glueing velcro. Switches on the left are Vol Incr/Decr. I still havent decided about the right switch function.

HI Pauliusmm. What are you using the additional switches for ? (sorry if this is a noob question, but only joined the Fractal clan with the official arrival of my AX8 2 days ago)

Anybody in the US who can do this?

12743877_10154496638471102_5457918287969812972_n.jpg

12688301_10154496639041102_1591212321442075134_n.jpg

12687852_10154496638931102_2894592416118068788_n.jpg

12715435_10154496638521102_8999830923786821410_n.jpg
That's a custom pedalboard case. Google "custom pedalboard case" and you'll find a bunch of companies that can do that.

That looks very neat - how does it go with cables. Do you have to plug them in each time ? Can you fit them in the carry case too ? And lastly, where did you get it and at what cost ?

Yep, like what they said. It's from Australia. I just got the pics from Brett Kingman's FB feed. I'm curious if anything like that is available here.

It's from Down Under funnily enough.
Made by C&C Cases. When I checked, it was around $499. Independent Music also sell them now too.

That looks fantastic. Perhaps a bit over what I was thinking in $$ but made to order - I guess the price fits. Thanks very much for the info it is really appreciated (and looks like I might need to put some more stuff on eBay ...)

Just got this case and am working on putting it all together. Fits the AX8, and EV-1 and my wireless Shure unit well. Maybe room for a second EV-1? It is very heavy duty and road worthy. They make a few different sizes.
http://www.roadcasesusa.com/effect-pedal-case-id-28x14x6-3-8-ply-factory-closeout/

I know people have been talking about removing the feet and replacing screws? I am putting a 5/8" piece of plywood down first, velcro to the bottom of the board. I'm going to then drill holes in the plywood for the feet of the AX8 and the EV-1 to fit in, so the units are flush with the board and then velcro them to the plywood. The holes should keep the units from moving around and the velcro will be the insurance. Just a thought? I'll posts picts later this week. Maybe a tad heavy, but it will be protected!

My AX8 rig, v1.0

Going to test in rehearsals if this setup is exactly how I want it.
When it's final I will route the outputs to a panel with a multi connector for my case at the backline where my connectionblock, monitor, IEM wireless, sample player etc are.

Case is bought at Thomann, EUR 149. Comes with handle and wheels :)
Bought the combination pack with powerplant, for EUR 16 extra.
See details: http://www.thomann.de/nl/harley_benton_pb1000.htm

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1188.JPG

Last edited:
My AX8 rig, v1.0

When it's final I will route the outputs to a panel with a multi connector for my case at the backline where my connectionblock, monitor, IEM wireless, sample player etc are.

View attachment 31577

View attachment 31578 View attachment 31580 View attachment 31581 View attachment 31582 View attachment 31579
What are the dimensions of that board?

what is this double vox thing?

My AX8 rig, v1.0

View attachment 31577

View attachment 31578 View attachment 31580 View attachment 31581 View attachment 31582 View attachment 31579

HI Pauliusmm. What are you using the additional switches for ? (sorry if this is a noob question, but only joined the Fractal clan with the official arrival of my AX8 2 days ago)
2 buttons on the left are Volume Incr/Decr functions. The one on the right i plan to use like an expression pedal.Maybe for whammy or for reverse delay.

Best purchase I have ever done. I had an Apogee Ensemble but the quartet do everything I need. The only thing I missed was the two Headphones out but I use my presonus HP4 for headphones.

What are most of you using for your power supply? I have a Trailer Trash Pro board I want to put my supply underneath but am unsure of what exactly to get. Is it good to make sure something like the AX8 and maybe some active monitors get power conditioning, or just a surge protector strip, or is it not even that important?

I'm still not sure yet. I have Furman PL Plus DMC in the rack where my Axe FX II used to be. I have a Sennheiser wireless which lives in a different two-space rack. I could move that and use the Furman with my AX8.

Or, I have a Furman Power Factor Pro (which is bulky and heavy) and bring that.

I haven't decided yet.

And, I do want that nice Shure pedal wireless unit eventually.

Back
Top Bottom