Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Yeah, great guy to deal with and these buttons really are helpful. Seems like an "extra" thing but once you start using it them they really do make a difference.
I've been wanting something like this. Before Fractal I was a G-System user for 7 years and was very used to the big ole buttons on it.

After attaching these buttons are the switches at a higher level than the handle bar? That would be nice. Maybe with the Tallboy variant?

I'm moving from the AxeFx with the rack and a Line 6 G90 wireless system to this. The missing pedal on the lower right side is on order from loop-master. It's an A/B/Y switch where I'll take both line outs from the two Line 6 wireless units and send to the input on the AX8. This allows me to switch guitars from my tech and I'll just toggle between the two wireless units.View attachment 34238 View attachment 34239 View attachment 34240 View attachment 34241
View attachment 34238

Did you need to take the rubber feet off the ax8 to fit the board and are they shorter than standard xlr plug ends coming from the ax8?
I just realised that the xlr ends wont fit through those cable holes so will need to be wired in, bummer.
Neither will the power cable to the ax8, argh I purchased this board without thinking it through properly doh.

Last edited:
Did you need to take the rubber feet off the ax8 to fit the board and are they shorter than standard xlr plug ends coming from the ax8?
I just realised that the xlr ends wont fit through those cable holes so will need to be wired in, bummer.
Neither will the power cable to the ax8, argh I purchased this board without thinking it through properly doh.
I did have to take the feet off and I just had to unscrew the ends of the XLR's and then put them back on after i fed them through. The power cable I just shaved off just a little of the plastic with a razor blade to get it to fit. Didn't affect the integrity of the cord at all.

I did have to take the feet off and I just had to unscrew the ends of the XLR's and then put them back on after i fed them through. The power cable I just shaved off just a little of the plastic with a razor blade to get it to fit. Didn't affect the integrity of the cord at all.

So have you taken the feet off the ax8 and left them off? Have you replaced the screws?

Latest incarnation of my board. I moved everything to a Temple Audio Trio board, which has worked out great - everything just about fits and I love the cable management and modules on the side for connections.

One expression pedal on the board (wah and whammy) and I have a separate one that I keep somewhere convenient on the floor for gigging, for effect blends and fades etc. The second expression pedal plugs into the side of the temple board via an expansion module. Super convenient!

image_zpswotbyikm.jpeg

image_zpspt2bgvze.jpeg

14225406_1113729195372873_1658923892326068639_n_zpssr6etkzy.jpg

Latest incarnation of my board. I moved everything to a Temple Audio Trio board, which has worked out great - everything just about fits and I love the cable management and modules on the side for connections.

Nice. I have a Temple Board shipping. How did you get power through the holes in the board for the AX8?

I'm a new user and love this great unit with this incredible sound!
I did not remove the feet but I used a lot of great bands on the sides.
To switch the power on cable I filed a few holes, also for passing the XLR.
Temple Audio Design and 'very lightly.

Attachments

• IMG-20160915-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20160915-WA0005.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG-20160915-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20160915-WA0007.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 218
Did you remove the feet from the AX8?

Hi mate,

yes, I did. To get the AX8 to nicely attach to the board, I actually ended up removing all the screws underneath too :)

(don't worry, there's no chance of anything coming undone as the end panels are still attached so the bottom plate cannot slip out.)

I'm a new user and love this great unit with this incredible sound!
I did not remove the feet but I used a lot of great bands on the sides.
To switch the power on cable I filed a few holes, also for passing the XLR.
Temple Audio Design and 'very lightly.
Dude. I think that's the exact layout I'm planning. I was still trying to figure out the board size though- looks like you nailed it. Is it a trio 28?
Also, what are you saying about using bands to attach it to the board? I'm not following. Sounds like you didn't use Temples's plates...

Here's mine:

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0724-2.jpg
    IMG_0724-2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 333
Dude. I think that's the exact layout I'm planning. I was still trying to figure out the board size though- looks like you nailed it. Is it a trio 28?
Also, what are you saying about using bands to attach it to the board? I'm not following. Sounds like you didn't use Temples's plates...

I fixed my AX8 with plastic band in proximity of the edge (see photo).temple is the trio28.fits perfectly in mono bags M80 PRO.the pedal expression are fixed whit 2 large plate temple design.the power cable don' t pass in the hole and i lift.

Attachments

• IMG-20160912-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20160912-WA0017.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 20160919_151340.jpg
    20160919_151340.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 199
I fixed my AX8 with plastic band in proximity of the edge (see photo).temple is the trio28.fits perfectly in mono bags M80 PRO.the pedal expression are fixed whit 2 large plate temple design.the power cable don' t pass in the hole and i lift.
Awesome. Thanks for the follow up. Trio 28 is the way to go, the Mono pro bag fits, and the holes aren't large enough for the power cord... But nothing a Dremel cant handle I'm sure!
When it comes to the straps, how did you route them? I don't have my ax8 in front of me and I haven't really studied it's base, and I don't know that I see it well enough in the pics. I understand the straps go through the holes in the board, but what do you put them through on the bottom of the ax8? And how many did it take to get a secure hold?
I'm assuming to put the Temple plates on the bottom of the ax8 I'd have to remove the feet. Otherwise, any particular concern about using the plates?
Thanks-

Back
Top Bottom