Show us the Quilts!

Nowhere near as quilty as all the others here but it's still a looker IMO (alternating quilt/flame pieces)...

The-Puzzler.jpg

Puzzler-On-Case.jpg
Very cool... Is it purely a cool finish or does the top have the grooves where the pieces meet?

this one left me puzzled... ;)

Haha! I've never been one of those name your guitar folks but I AM a marvel movie fan and I suppose after getting caught up in those my inner nerd named this guitar "The Puzzler" lol

Very cool... Is it purely a cool finish or does the top have the grooves where the pieces meet?

Thank you. They're all individual "vacuum sealed" pieces. The body is mahogany & the (thick/legit) top pieces are AAA maple (a limited 2006 run guitar for winter NAMM, pretty collectable RG, the tone is amazing on this one)!

Last edited:
Haha! I've never been one of those name your guitar folks but I AM a marvel movie fan and I suppose after getting caught up in those my inner nerd named this guitar "The Puzzler" lol

Thank you. They're all individual "vacuum sealed" pieces. The body is mahogany & the (thick/legit) top pieces are AAA maple (a limited 2006 run guitar for winter NAMM, pretty collectable RG, the tone is amazing on this one)!
Impressive. I thought at first it was one of those body skins/decals.

My understanding is that back in 50s these "figured" woods were not desirable and were actually painted over instead of having any kind of transparent finish... To conceal the wood. :eek:
Yes. They only wanted straight grain wood and used curly, quilted and birds eye for “trash” pieces.

My mom had an antique elementary school desk with gorgeous curly maple on one side and bird’s eye on the other.

I kept telling her I wanted to turn it into a guitar. “No. It’s where the phone sits.”

Not the best picture, but one I have just found on an old hard drive.
A pair of quilt tops. It is probably a bit of a shame that they are just sitting collecting dust. I am more of a Gibson person.
If I had to choose one I like the yellow one for looks but the red(ish) one has a nicely flamed neck.

P1010104.JPG

Back
Top Bottom