shotgunn bought iPad... Need advice...

iRealb is probably my favorite on ipad, i use it all the time. You can download tons of tunes from their forum . I also usually transcribe and write harmonies straight to this app. Makes it very handy if say a vocalist wants to play in other key because you can transpose the charts.

Also iGigBook is cool for sheet music since it has an index of most realbooks. You can type the name of the tune and there you have it opened. But you have to import your own PDF realbooks.

:D

Meteor is a great multitrack app. As cool as the wizbang features of Garage Band are, I like Meteor better.

IRealBook is an awesome app, the one that made me buy an Ipod Touch

+1 on Amazing Slow Downer, Animoog, IStrobosoft, SampleWiz, Nano Studio.

VoiceJam is a great looping/jamming tool. Everyday looper is cool, with one of the great video demos ever

Mobile Mouse. Ipad as mouse and control surface.

Beatmaker2 is beat making/idea tool

ISwitter is a web browser that allows you to play flash...great app. Only works via wifi, so data package won't help you there if you got a 3g Ipad.

TuneIn Radio is radio streaming app that allows you to timer record radio from all over the world. Sometimes I use it for local stuff that doesn't have strong transmitter, too.

Evernote is a note taking app that syncs with PC/Mac. You can use audio notes and photos, too.

PS...I thought I saw that Blue just introduced a new mic that would work with Ipad and newer Touches. Also, with CC kit I think some of the usb mics (Sampson) will work with Ipad. The main issue is amount of usb power. I got a solar powered rechargeable usb hub of Ebay that works ok and allows use of devices that take too much power. You can also just run a powered hub and run devices that wouldn't normally run off Ipad, but that defeats portability.

Since you all seem to know the iPad... Is there an app to store/display lyrics? Not the online look-up type, but your own stored database/list of lyrics that can be called up quickly while performing without any Internet. I'm tired of carting around notebooks/folders full of paper and shuffling though them, ya know.

Now that the iPad control app is out for my StudioLive 16.0.2, I'm getting seriously tempted.

Thanks,
TT

Can't you just convert them to PDF and view them with a PDF viewer?

As for the SL app... I get to try it out tomorrow. That is what finally pushed me over the edge. I had a brief scare though. I will be running sound for my friends band. Another friend who saw them play a few weeks ago told me they bought a new boards and don't plan to use the SL anymore. So I called up the bass player/frontman and found out that with me aboard they will most definitely be using the SL. PHEEEEEEEW!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 on AmpKit+ (Full Version) better than amplitube
+1 on Animoog
Guitar Pro for ipad / iphone - this is really good

Hardware - Alesis ipad dock iO Dock Pro Audio Dock For iPad & iPad 2 great piece of kit with Midi outs, loads of inputs, digital audio etc.

I just found this earlier... I don't know how I plan to resist it... It is much cheaper and has MANY more options than the Studio Six interface I saw.

You can also take advantage of the camera. Simply take a picture of the sheet music or lyrics or a set list. Very handy.

PS...I thought I saw that Blue just introduced a new mic that would work with Ipad and newer Touches. Also, with CC kit I think some of the usb mics (Sampson) will work with Ipad. The main issue is amount of usb power. I got a solar powered rechargeable usb hub of Ebay that works ok and allows use of devices that take too much power. You can also just run a powered hub and run devices that wouldn't normally run off Ipad, but that defeats portability.

It looks like the only doc mics blue has now are for the iPod only. I could get a USB mic and a doc to USB converter. Too much money for now. Oh well I can use my iPod with the blue mic as my RTA (I know omni is preferred and this is cardioid) but it should still prove to be helpful in the field. This will free up my iPad for use with the SL console.

Man, I'm so excited to use this tomorrow night!!!

iTeleport is another great app for remote control of your laptop. Also, if you're doing any midi, TouchOSC can control your Mid/DMX Light controller from the iPAD or IPhone to your laptop...I was doing this in the last band. I had a simple USB->Midi connected to the MacBook Pro and used TouchOSC to switch scenes.

We have used DV Prompter which is pretty cool. I also have the 16.0.2 but haven't used it live yet. ~Jeff

Since you all seem to know the iPad... Is there an app to store/display lyrics? Not the online look-up type, but your own stored database/list of lyrics that can be called up quickly while performing without any Internet. I'm tired of carting around notebooks/folders full of paper and shuffling though them, ya know.

Now that the iPad control app is out for my StudioLive 16.0.2, I'm getting seriously tempted.

Thanks,
TT

It looks like the only doc mics blue has now are for the iPod only. I could get a USB mic and a doc to USB converter. Too much money for now. Oh well I can use my iPod with the blue mic as my RTA (I know omni is preferred and this is cardioid) but it should still prove to be helpful in the field. This will free up my iPad for use with the SL console.

Man, I'm so excited to use this tomorrow night!!!

The iPad Camera Connection Kit is a Dock-to-USB adapter. It's only about US$30. You can then use any USB mic you want, for example the Samson Meteor Mic, or equivalent.

That is pretty cool. Ultimately I'd like a dock mic similar to the Bule Mikey, but for the iPad. I hope they come out with an omni version. This would be best for measurements. Does anybody know how to access the measurement menu feature in iOS 5.0.1? I read about it on Studio Six Digital's website. I can't seem to find it on my iPad.

PDF or images would maybe work, but I can tell you I would not want to take a couple hundred pictures and then try to sort through them on the fly when we call out a request that hasn't been done in a while.

A bit of background -- I develop database software to support my musical habits, and it seems there would have *have* to be something data/text oriented for quick look-up and recall. Now, if the iPad ran Windows I could whip something up in about 30 minutes.:)

TT

Back
Top Bottom