Shiver clean fw 10 - loss of volume

Gearhead

Inspired
Is anybody else experiencing that the Shiver Clean has lost lots of volume with the new firmware? My volume settings were about Master at 5, now I have to crank it up to over 9 to get similar volume.
I haven't experienced that with any other clean amp yet.

Otherwise I love the new FW!

Turn the level up. There is no reason you can't go above 0 dB. Or turn the MV up. Or both.

The stock preset with the Shiver Clean has the level set to +4.0db & it's still not as loud as the Fender clean presets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the way the Axe-Fx handle it's internal volume with floating point integers or something mean that clipping within the unit itself is extremely unlikely, if not impossible, and that the only real potential failure points for actual component clipping are at the input and outputs of the unit itself?

In other words, shouldn't you be able to turn the internal volume anywhere in the Axe-Fx as high as you want and you still won't get clipping as long as the output LEDs aren't blinking red?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the way the Axe-Fx handle it's internal volume with floating point integers or something mean that clipping within the unit itself is extremely unlikely, if not impossible, and that the only real potential failure points for actual component clipping are at the input and outputs of the unit itself?

In other words, shouldn't you be able to turn the internal volume anywhere in the Axe-Fx as high as you want and you still won't get clipping as long as the output LEDs aren't blinking red?

Pretty much.

Is anybody else experiencing that the Shiver Clean has lost lots of volume with the new firmware? My volume settings were about Master at 5, now I have to crank it up to over 9 to get similar volume.
I haven't experienced that with any other clean amp yet.

Otherwise I love the new FW!

Hey, hast Du....checked if the mv trim on the advanced page is set to 1.00. It's been at a value of 0.100 on some of my amps after the update and with a mv trim so low you're far away from a normal volume.

Hey, hast Du....checked if the mv trim on the advanced page is set to 1.00. It's been at a value of 0.100 on some of my amps after the update and with a mv trim so low you're far away from a normal volume.

Haven't checked that yet. Will do, thanks!

I've had this happen too, which is I why I asked, and Cliff confirmed 1.00 should be default. I thought it was just an axe edit thing.

Back
Top Bottom