Shipping in Canada

....USPS /Canada Post have "Zero" $0.00" brokerage fees...

That's not quite true. Canada Post applies a $5 processing fee ($8 for priority post packages) to any package it has to broker across the border.

I have meeting with UPS next week.

The problem is USPS and Canada Post are completely inept. They constantly lose and damage packages. They have horrible "government worker" attitudes and I'm sick of dealing with them. The bureaucracy is enough to make you vomit. Canada Post is the worse of the two. They lost a package and when I called they basically said "oh well, that sucks".

Understood Cliff,

But please allow us to use our credit cards to purchase - most of us live within driving distance of the border and would be more than happy to drive across to pick it up.

Just got off the phone with UPS and Fed-X......Brokerage fees for parcels to Canada from USA valued from $1000 to $5000.00 in value...... UPS=$89.00 Canadian..... Fed -X brokerage fees=$72.75 Canadian..That is just the brokerage fee!! Shipping cost and tax on top of that..That's why i stopped shipping with them years ago..USPS/Canada post has zero Brokerage fees. I think eack service has there own service quality issues but my experience in my 50 plus purchases from the USA ..UPS and FedX damaged more and cost more than usps or canada post....Is it the devil you know or the devil you don't know...

When I bought my MacBook Pro the brokerage fee from Fedex was $7. I used a one time power of attorney form and had no issues. Of course there was GST and PST on top of that.

http://www.fedexfreight.fedex.com/fulluspoa.pdf

The corporate and individual forms are the same.

Mark

I took a look at the shipping choices in the Fractal Store. It's either USPS or UPS. While it might be nice to see FedEx as an option, I can understand why Cliff would set something up with UPS for Canada. He has an existing relationship and extending that keeps things simple and it allows him to leverage his US volumes to improve rates.

Terry.

Understood Cliff,

But please allow us to use our credit cards to purchase - most of us live within driving distance of the border and would be more than happy to drive across to pick it up.

+1.

I don't mind driving an hour and a half to the UPS store in Port Huron or the Kinec location if I have to. Saves me the brokerage fees (as well as extra shipping fees associated with cross-border shipping...and gets me down to Michigan so I can finally spend my Guitar Center credit! lol

Last edited:

The problem is USPS and Canada Post are completely inept. They constantly lose and damage packages. They have horrible "government worker" attitudes and I'm sick of dealing with them. The bureaucracy is enough to make you vomit. Canada Post is the worse of the two. They lost a package and when I called they basically said "oh well, that sucks".

United Package Smashers never stop disappointing do they?

This is good to know ... I have been trying to get an answer for quite some time now , and no response . The wierd thing is I ordered 2 atomic wedges , then went to order the MFC-101 and had the same issues , can't select country .. I don't know if Atomic is in the same area as Fractal , but was going to tell them to throw the foot controller into the same box . Anyways , the Atomics arrived yesterday ..hopefully they will fix the ordering issue .

Thanks Cliff.

I had no problem with USPS/Canada Post when I bought my Ultra... But I can see what you mean with "government worker" attitude.

Let's assume for a moment that things don't go as planned and you won't be able to ship to Canada for the next weeks until that's settled...

Could you at least modify your Yahoo store settings to accept "billing" addresses from Canada please?
I could drive down to the US to get my Axe II. Otherwise my CC will be declined.

That would be great.

Thanks again,
take care.

+1 on letting us Canadians use a Canadian billing address and shipping to a US address.

a lot of our main cities are within an hour or 2 of the US border and it is fairly easy for us to take the trip so long as it is worthwhile. As previously mentioned, gas included is still cheaper than the brokerage fees of UPS. I would almost rather take a nice drive to get my AXE FX II anyways!

please Cliff! hook us Canadians up in some way, we are willing to drive across the border to get your product, that is pretty passionate/loyal customers if you ask me!

I need to order the MFC 101 so if you can update the store to accept credit card billing address I can order it. I'm ready to drive to Buffalo!

Has anyone had any personal experiences with Kinek or getting a package shipped to a UPS store? I'm about an hour and a half from Port Huron, and would love to drive down and pick up the Axe II there. I want to make sure if I get it sent somewhere, it's legitimate and there will be no issues or mixups resulting my Axe getting "lost" or "misplaced" before I get there lol. I've never done a US pickup, so I would appreciate any feedback on places people can suggest (either in Port Huron or maybe even Buffalo).
Thanks!

Last edited:

Cliff, really hoping you find a solution you are happy with and let us know soon. UPS or otherwise. Before Axe-II is available for purchase. :)

Please don't take it (from the handful of posts here suggesting this) that all Canadians can simply hop across the border to go pick up their package.. not a realistic option for millions and millions of Canadians (incl me of course).

Yes, the fear is starting to creep in that Canada will be left out from the first few inventories until the rush of orders dies down a bit.

btn-buy-now-us-can.jpg

Yes, the fear is starting to creep in that Canada will be left out from the first few inventories until the rush of orders dies down a bit.

+1 on getting shipping worked out for Canada. My finger is on the button to order an Axe-Fx II.

Cliff, don't under estimate your fellow canadians loyality! I think a lot of us are Axe fx owners and addicts! This might not be Europe market, but surely, having your products sent here would'nt be in vain, please, don't let us down!

Forget about Canada post! Cliff is right, they truly sucks!! I think going on with UPS or Fedex would be a great move, I'm willing to pay the extra fees to make sure my Axe comes in in time, without any kind of trouble! Common fellow Canadians, make yourself hear from the man himself, we need your voice in order to fix this problem!

Any more updates as to if Canada will be eligible to buy the II or are we all going to have to follow Mark and move to California ?! :D Just wondering...no worries if things are still in the works. And of course, my appreciation to Cliff for even trying to figure stuff out for us. :)

Well. I have my US PO Box ready and if needed I will change my credit card billing address to this US PO Box.

However, I sincerely think that Cliff will wait for this shipping issue to be resolved before he starts selling the Axe-FX II.

I'm in Montreal myself, but I very much doubt that Cliff would let other markets wait because Canada Post sucks :) (and UPS too with their hefty brokerage fees!!!)

I'm in Montreal myself, but I very much doubt that Cliff would let other markets wait because Canada Post sucks :) (and UPS too with their hefty brokerage fees!!!)

Possible. But I don't think Cliff is worried at all about UPS brokerage fees.
He supposedly had a meeting with them this week.

Anyways, I'm going to US to get it.

Possible. But I don't think Cliff is worried at all about UPS brokerage fees.
He supposedly had a meeting with them this week.

If memory serves me right, it was customer concerns about high brokerage fees that originally compelled Cliff to switch to USPS / Canada Post. I think my Ultra came via UPS. Fortunately, UPS brokerage fees are lower now, albiet still higher than USPS / Canada Post.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom