Sharing presets between AxFx Ultra and AxFx II

Is there a way to share presets with those who still have an Ultra - and vice versa.
I have the AxFx II, and my friend has an AxFx Ultra, but they won´t accept presets
between them.

Is there a way to share presets with those who still have an Ultra - and vice versa.
I have the AxFx II, and my friend has an AxFx Ultra, but they won´t accept presets
between them.

That's life as it is today...

To port patches one must run an instance of Axe-Edit for each unit and manually transcribe the settings.

Most of the time this works fairly well, but isn't the most elegant solution

Hi Claudel!

Ok, so there´s no app (Axeomatic doesn´t work) or software editor (GI20Editor for Roland) that will solve this? One should think this is an issue for the board room. It would be of interest for Fractal Audio and the Fractal community that as many as possible users join together to improve sounds and future needs, right?

Mustangman

This has already been beat to death in the forum...

The originals and the II have too many differences internally for the patches to be automagically converted.

Some of the controls and settings are roughly equivalent, but not enough to be compatible.

Fractal is a small company with finite resources which they have chosen to deploy in other areas.

When Axe-Change goes live, chances are that most/all of the Standard/Ultra patches that haven't
already been converted will show up in II format as people convert them...

Do a few of your favorites so that you can post them when the time comes...

Could someone explain how this is done? What if you only have an AxeII?
easiest way is to install a second instance of axe-edit - give it a different install directory and separate workspace. go into settings config - set to ultra.

Load your ultra/standard settings into that. Open the original install of axeedit and manully copy the settings you see on the Ultra version to the II version.

That's the trick. A separate install of Axe-Edit. Didn't know you could do that.

Thanks

I'm off to Axe-Edit land...

Back
Top Bottom