Share your modulated delay settings?

TonyGring

Inspired
I run all my delays ,chorus, etc. in mono. Still love a nice modulated delay for a lot of Edge / worship tones. Just doing tweaking by ear on the modulation page of delay and really don't know what I'm doing. Share any settings for what's working for you?

I do the same stuff you do.

For delay:

mix:50%
everything else is kind of up to taste. You have to play with the hi-cut and drive.

Chorus
rate 10 oclock
depth 11 oclock
mix 30%

HI, I posted this a while back on a rel;ated topic, hope it helps.

Edge's delay is a modulated delay, this means the delayed signal has a vibrato effect on it which is controlled by an LFO.

In the Axe you can VERY easily recreate this just by creating a delay block in mono, navigate to the screen with modulation setting and the set an LFO frequency to 3-4Hz (off the top of my head) and adjust the MOD depth to taste. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

There's no messing around with parrallel vibrato or any of that nonsense, Edge's delays (TC2290, Korg SDD3000) just create this simple modulated delay.

For the "Where The Streets Have No Name" tone stick the (newly modulated) delay block (360ms, delay mix at 50% and 20% feedback) behind a mildly driven AC30 Top Boost sim, set your strat into the quack position and you're taken straight to the Joshua Tree.

Hey Guys,

I find it easy to setup a nice easy on the ear Modulated Delay (Edge- ish). I would suggest a mono delay (to keep things simple), delay times will be different for each song. I set the Feedback between 20-30, Modulation LFO1 Rate:0.5 LFO depth:4, LFO2 Rate2:4 LFO2 Depth:40 and overall mix between 40-50.

Use the link below to get a good starting point for U2 tunes.

I was playing around with these suggested setting a few weeks back. I used my adrenalinn to keep time and set tempo, just a simple HH and hand clap. I sent the Midi clock out to the Axe-Fx and used 3/16 etc instead of setting the time by milliseconds. Its good fun...

http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/

For song tempos see near the bottom of the page.

For Amp the AC30 Top Boost Sim (with TB enabled an a fair amount of treb and Pres), 2x12 Cab and some Compression to taste. Use the 2 or 4 setting on a strat and get your hands on a few Dunlop USA Nylon picks (use them in reverse), the dimples give you that chime factor I find.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom