Settings Issue

I've been playing around with blending amps to create a metal tone similar to Ben Weinman's (DEP: The Dillinger Escape Plan - Fight The Power(Public Enemy Cover) - YouTube) but the USA LEAD 2+ amp sim I'm using is super quiet for some reason regardless of raising the level and master volume knobs on there (I've also read that the amp USA LEAD 2+ is better on a lower master volume setting). I've played and scrolled through different cabs (stereo, linked) that it's hooked to but it does not change the sound or tone so i'm wondering if the way everything is connected on there is wrong and when I do raise the master and level on that USA amp sim it's just faint, annoying hissy background. I also don't understand why if I have the same wiring/same blocks but all of them shifted to the left why it changes the sound so drastically. Could anyone help?

Attachments

• Axe.jpg
    Axe.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 37
The first thing I see is you're using Axe Edit with firmware 8.01 which is not supported. Axe Edit has always worked reasonably well for me but I was getting some freaky things happening after upgrade to 8.01 as there was no corrosponding AE update for it.

what's the highest dB value for your Level knob when it's still too quiet? what value is the Master knob set at?

The first thing I see is you're using Axe Edit with firmware 8.01 which is not supported. Axe Edit has always worked reasonably well for me but I was getting some freaky things happening after upgrade to 8.01 as there was no corrosponding AE update for it.

Damn, that blows :( had no idea

Yeah. 8.01 really didn't have anything I was missing so I reverted back to 7 for the convenience of being able to use AE. We're all (well mostly all) waiting patiently for the completely new rewrite of AE. I'm probably overly optimistic, but I'm hoping it will be released with the actual 9.0 firmware. I don't think I can resist the temptation of the Jubilee 8)

Yes very possible running both amp blocks into a TM block and cab block might produce some wierd cancellation issues.

I've been playing around with blending amps to create a metal tone similar to Ben Weinman's (DEP: The Dillinger Escape Plan - Fight The Power(Public Enemy Cover) - YouTube) but the USA LEAD 2+ amp sim I'm using is super quiet for some reason regardless of raising the level and master volume knobs on there (I've also read that the amp USA LEAD 2+ is better on a lower master volume setting). I've played and scrolled through different cabs (stereo, linked) that it's hooked to but it does not change the sound or tone so i'm wondering if the way everything is connected on there is wrong and when I do raise the master and level on that USA amp sim it's just faint, annoying hissy background. I also don't understand why if I have the same wiring/same blocks but all of them shifted to the left why it changes the sound so drastically. Could anyone help?

can you post the patch? We can probably figure it out quickly if we could look at it.

Back
Top Bottom